Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DanEm [Therapy Thread]
RE: Newbie to CPAP [DanEm Therapy Thread]
You've already got some good advice going forward. But yes, it's not surprising to hear that your AHI is better with Resmed. A good few people have found precisely that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changing the pressure and EPR settings is not possible. Perturbed 

My CPAP was purchased through a sleep clinic.
The respiratory therapist is the one that can remotely change most settings.

There is noting in the menu I see to that effect.

Hopefully she can allow me to access the settings.

I will come back when I have talked to her.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can order a Clinicians manual for your machine via Email. (Scroll down to Section Three.)
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

In the meantime:  While looking at the main screen, simultaneously press and hold the two buttons (labeled "My Options" & "My Sleep View") for 3+ seconds until the screen transitions to the "Clinical Home" screen.

ResMed AirSense 11 Series: For Setup Instructions with pictures:  
https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

For a short video of this procedure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp24i4sZyUs
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, I now have access to all the settings.
Thank you OPalRose

I will make the changes proposed by OpalRose and Ratchick and have a go at it for a few nights.

Sorry if my replies are mixed up, I am not very familiar with this forum and have 2 threads going. Maybe you could tell me if there is a better way for me (and you) to do this.  I have questions on both the medical aspects of apnea and the functions of the CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
DanEm [Therapy Thread]
DanEm, I have merged your two threads.  This keeps your history in one place and makes it easier for those that offer advice.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DanEm [Therapy Thread]
Glad to see that you've already been pointed in the right direction to make those changes now. Smile Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour DanEm,
We are familiar enough with OSCAR that the language is not a big deal, BUT, it is much easier for many in English.
The Advice you have above is what I would recommend so no changes. Once the clusters are resolved i suspect that your AHI will be in a low enough range to manage it mostly on how you feel, so in your subsequent post tell us your critical opinion of how you feel as your comfort will become the key to your settings through minor and infrequent changes. Je me sens bien, I feel good is NOT a good response, we want to know the little things.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I take a screenshot I get only a portion of the screen (top left corner).
It was working fine until today ?
I looked everywhere I could for a setting to change without luck.

Please help

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:01-10-2022, 06:52 AM
Hi DamEm,
It's important we see the following layout:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure (not mask pressure) Flow Limits, Leaks) and the left sidebar without the Pie Chart and Calendar.  This is the Standard chart.

I can't see your pressure graph, but I'm fairly certain with the high Flow Limitation rate, that is what is driving your pressure to the max.  In turn, this higher pressure (which you may not need) could be waking you.

To try and rectify that, set your EPR to 3 full time. you currently have it set to Ramp only. If you are using ramp, try to wean off it. You are starting at a low pressure, so you shouldn't need it.

Speaking of pressure, if you're open to making a slight change, set your minimum pressure to 7cm with EPR 3 (full time) and leave max setting alone for now.

Using EPR helps with Flow Limitations, Hypopneas and Reras. Hopefully this will help you sleep better.

Repost after a day or two and we can go from there.
OpalRose

The settings were made and used on Jan 10 and Jan 11.

See screenshot.

I am not feeling any different but I suppose I have to be patient.

Do the readings tell you something more ?

DanEm

"If life hands you lemons, make lemonade! Words to live by, especially when you keep in mind that the only way to make them into lemonade is to squeeze the hell out of them."
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI is a little better, but I'm seeing a lot of event clustering at max pressure, and big flow limits. Do you have several pillows and how thick are they? Do you sleep curled up on your side? With EPR at 3 and pressure already maxing out at 17, I wonder if other people have any further ideas.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 252 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,339 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.