Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
RE: Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
I am trying to shift my circadian rhythm to match the daytime more. Yesterday, I slept at 11pm which is an hour earlier than my usual bedtime. Also did some biking and light gym around 8pm - 9pm.

Attaching my chart from last night. I used min pressure = max pressure = 7. Also had melatonin 9mg.

Any recommendations? I am seeing around 10 CAs during my 9h sleep. I might have been awake during some of those CAs. 

I had a lot of short and long awakenings. Felt the same as usual after waking up. 

Very sleepy all day as usual.

Tried one nap from ~12 - 1pm. Did not fall fully asleep.
Tried another nap from 1:30 to 2:30pm. Did fall asleep but got woken up during a dream.

Trying to reduce my caffeine      intake too and limit it by 5/6pm.

Thanks for reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
There seems to be a lot of movement with your mask. Spiky areas on the leak chart suggest mask movement. Your leak rate is fine as it won't affect therapy, but all that movement and looks like some mouth breathing can cause arousals, some that you're not aware of. This alone can affect how you feel the next day. I don't have a solution for that, except to check the fit of the pillows.

The CA's aren't too bad as we all see some now and then. But if you want to experiment, move the EPR setting to 2 for a few nights and observe.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as CPAP is going, you're doing well. If you continue to have a CA index of over around 2, you can try reducing EPR to 2, as Opal Rose suggests, though I'd wait a few nights before making the change, since CAs are notoriously variable from one night to the next. In any case, your CAs are not a problem. If they reflect arousals, then the arousals are a problem, though they may start declining as you get used to CPAP and change some of your habits.

It's good you are trying to get your sleep schedule a little better aligned with day/night. Exercise in general certainly helps us sleep better, but most professionals advise against exercising too close to bedtime. If you can get your exercise earlier, do.

Here is information about caffeine: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/ar...to-quit-it

One big takeaway: "Six hours after caffeine is consumed, half of it is still in your body. It can take up to 10 hours to completely clear caffeine from your bloodstream." This suggests to me that you'd be smart to try avoiding caffeine starting at around lunch time. The way I reduced caffeine was to mix caf and decaf coffee, changing the proportion gradually until I was off caffeine. Do whatever works best for you.

Finally, as Opal Rose says, you should try hard to break the nap habit. Tough in the short run, but with potentially good payoff in the the long run.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 152 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 250 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,335 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 954 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,195 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.