Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
RE: Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
Here's my update: I raised the minimum pressure to 7. EPR was already at 3. Went to bed around midnight 12. Woke up multiple times. Fully conscious at around 7am. Kept lingering in bed. Removed the cpap. Tried sleeping on my stomach (my favorite position). Finally slept at 8am. Got woken up in the middle of a dream (which happens a lot to me). I put the cpap for 22 minutes. Took a nap in the afternoon from about 1:30 - 3pm. Attaching 3 graphs.

Do you think I need to play around with the ramp time?

Thank you for your help. @Dormeo, thanks for your kind words.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would set your Ramp pressure to 7.
With EPR the min pressure will remain at 4 and it should be easier breathing for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Adding results of level-3 HST about 2 weeks back. Part 1.

Adding results of level-3 HST about 2 weeks back. Part 2

Adding results of level-3 HST about 2 weeks back. Part 3.

Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the first chart, it looks like you had decent therapy with 7 hours sleep and a low AHI.  I'm not sure if you're actually sleeping though?  

The second and third charts look like naps.  It's not possible to glean too much from short naps.  I would ignore the period of time with the CA's during a nap as you may not have even been sleeping.  

Definitely turn the ramp feature off.  It's not during you any favors, and I would stick with the current pressures for awhile.  Don't give up, give this some some.

Also, there may be some things you can improve on.  Follow a good sleep schedule, don't eat or drink close to bedtime.  Also when you wake up at night, don't take your mask off, just try to go back to sleep.
If you can't fall back to sleep, get up and do something to promote sleep.  Reading always makes me tired!  Don't go back to bed without putting your mask on.  That will become a habit that's hard to break.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_tips
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your current sleep, compared with the night of your sleep study, is much, much more healthy. You're doing your long-term health a huge favor by starting CPAP. I'm especially struck by the fact that CPAP has completely eliminated snoring, and of course your AHI is greatly reduced.

Do you mainly sleep in the morning, or is the clock in your machine wrong?

Out of curiosity, I looked up both your drugs, and both say it's not advisable to go cold turkey, because withdrawal symptoms may occur. In your place, I would not start them again, now that you've been off them for several weeks, but I would be aware that my body may still be dealing with the sudden cessation of the drugs. Of course if you have any questions about that you should ask your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you @OpalRose.

> it looks like you had decent therapy with 7 hours sleep and a low AHI.  I'm not sure if you're actually sleeping though?  
I think I was sleeping around 5 hours out of those 7 hours. I wasn't fully tired last night. So, it took me much longer to fall asleep.

> The second and third charts look like naps.  It's not possible to glean too much from short naps.  
OK. Got it.

> I would ignore the period of time with the CA's during a nap as you may not have even been sleeping.  
No, I wasn't sleeping during the most of that nap.

> Definitely turn the ramp feature off.  It's not during you any favors
Yes. Will do that for tonight.

> I would stick with the current pressures for awhile.  Don't give up, give this some some.
OK. I need to be more patient. Thanks :-)

> Also, there may be some things you can improve on.  Follow a good sleep
> schedule, don't eat or drink close to bedtime.  Also when you wake up at
> night, don't take your mask off, just try to go back to sleep.  If you can't
> fall back to sleep, get up and do something to promote sleep.  Reading always
> makes me tired!  Don't go back to bed without putting your mask on.  That
> will become a habit that's hard to break.
> http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Sleep_tips

Wow! These are really great suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello @Dormeo,

> Your current sleep, compared with the night of your sleep study, is much,
> much more healthy. You're doing your long-term health a huge favor by
> starting CPAP. I'm especially struck by the fact that CPAP has completely
> eliminated snoring, and of course your AHI is greatly reduced.

Nice.

> Do you mainly sleep in the morning, or is the clock in your machine wrong?

The timezone on the resmed is set to UTC whereas I am in India (UTC + 0530).
Oscar is showing time in UTC. I just add 5 and half hours to the time shown in
Oscar. I try to be in bed by 12 midnight. I don't want to play around with the
timezone on the resmed clinical menu as it said somewhere
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, I changed the ramp time to 0. Also took 1 Zolpidem/Ambien.

I had a few awakenings.

Attaching 4 graphs. 

Graph 1 - 5:30 hours long. Slept deeply (no conscious awakenings) from 11:45pm to ~5am.
Graph 2 - 13 minutes long. Trying to fall back to sleep with/without mask. Don't remember.
Graph 3 - 21 minutes long. Trying to fall back to sleep with/without mask. Don't remember.
Graph 4 - 2hr 47 minute long. Finally caught a long nap.

Thanks for reading!

Attaching Graph 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
These are pretty decent results. It looks like you may be having some mask movements... that's probably from waking and turning over? Your leak rates good, so nothing there to worry over.

There are a few CA's, but that will probably lessen in time. Also, if you are able, try to do with less naps.

Overall (excluding the naps), the first chart looks good. It's how you feel that matters.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2022, 09:36 AM)OpalRose Wrote: These are pretty decent results.  It looks like you may be having some mask movements... that's probably from waking and turning over?  Your leak rates good, so nothing there to worry over.

There are a few CA's, but that will probably lessen in time.  Also, if you are able, try to do with less naps.  

Overall (excluding the naps), the first chart looks good. It's how you feel that matters.

Hi @OpalRose.

> These are pretty decent results.  It looks like you may be having some mask
> movements... that's probably from waking and turning over?  Your leak rates
> good, so nothing there to worry over.

OK. Got it.

> There are a few CA's, but that will probably lessen in time.  

OK.

> Also, if you are able, try to do with less naps.  

Will try. I know I need to leave the bed and do some thing light/boring. Takes willpower. 

> Overall (excluding the naps), the first chart looks good. 
Nice

> It's how you feel that matters.

About 5-10% better than when I started.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 193 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 228 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  lisaistired - Therapy Thread and Questions lisaistired 21 977 10 hours ago
Last Post: dormivi
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,644 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,657 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,293 04-23-2024, 10:30 PM
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 97 04-23-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.