Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
Today is my second day using my CPAP. I took a nap for about an hour using the Resmed Airsense 10 auto-CPAP set at 4-18cm of H2O. Using Resmed P10 nasal pillow mask. Towards the second half hour, I remember waking up three times with leaks from my mouth. Should I change the pressure? Is it too low or too high? Should I use mouth taping? Would appreciate your advice.

Fourth screenshot from OSCAR.

Attaching screenshots from OSCAR.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Woke up 3 times with air leaking from my open mouth (new to CPAP)
I also wear a Dentek compact dental guard for bruxism. I just started using the CPAP two days back. When I was not using the CPAP, often I would awake at night with mouth open and drooling onto the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply
I mouth-taped last night using the ARTIBETTER mouth tape. Luckily, I did not encounter mouth leaks. Can't post the link here but it is available on Amazon India.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy to hear the the tape worked for you.  If it helps control the mouth leaks, then that's a good thing.

Noticed that your minimum pressure is set at 4cm.  Not seeing the entire chart for the night, but most folk would feel air-starved with that low pressure.  Try moving the minimum pressure to 7cm.
I have a feeling you may be more comfortable. You can also try EPR 2 or 3 to help with exhalation.

With that said, it would be helpful if you would post a full nights data.  It's hard to advise just looking at an hour's nap.  

When you post another chart, use the link below in my signature line on Organizing a chart to guide you.  

You can take a Screenshot by using the F12 key, standard view.  We don't need to see all those graphs unless there are other issues.  The graphs needed are:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Flow Limitation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Need help looking at my last night's OSCAR charts.
Hello friends, 

Last night was my 3rd night using the auto-cpap machine (4-18 pressure). Used X-shaped mouth tape. No more mouth leaks. I slept slightly better than usual. Less awakenings. But, still there were several conscious awakenings. Do I need to adjust my pressure/ramp time/EPR settings? Instinctively, I feel I have more CA events than OA events. Can you look a quick look at my OSCAR graphs and suggest what is wrong?

I am renting my Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset from a resmed rep but she isn't very responsive.

Thanks for reading.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help looking at my last night's OSCAR charts.
Please ignore my previous two attachments. Here's the new graph with dotted zero-line.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dangerous7 Therapy Thread
I merged your two threads and changed the Thread Title. Cleaned up a couple posts to eliminate duplicate charts.

It would be helpful to keep your therapy charts and questions to this one thread. Also sent you a PM.

Thanks Smile
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like your mouth leaks are resolved, so the most import thing is how you feel.

I still think your minimum pressure should be at 7cm, EPR 3. This way any Flow Limitations should resolve too. Just watch for any increase in CA's, but it's not currently anything to worry about.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you @OpalRose for your advice. Will try out the new settings tonight.

I have been on Clomipramine (tricyclic antidepressant) 25-50mg and Tramadol 50-150mg for about 8 years. In the initial years, I was just taking it just once/twice a week on-demand for PE. As time went on, I took it more frequently every week. Since the covid lockdowns, my frequency of taking it gradually increased. Last 6 months, I was on it almost daily or alternate days. I quit cold turkey about 3 weeks back. Is CNS depression causing sleep apnea? How long before the effects go away :-(? I feel since I stopped the Clomipramine, I haven't slept that well. It helped me get a 1-2 hr nap in the afternoon.

Just started auto-cpap three days back. Even after getting 9 hours on cpap, I feel sleepy/not fully fresh all day. I have some slurring of words and forgetfulness after waking up. Sometimes, I would forget what I am saying by the time I get to the second part of my sentence and need to really remember what I was talking about. Based on my reading, it indicates that the brain hasn't gotten sufficient rest. Tea and coffee helps with sleepiness during the day.

I saw some youtube videos where it says that BiPap helps better with CSA. I have been using the Cpap for 3 nights only. Is it too early to try BiPap?

I will post my HST later this week.

Thanks for reading!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI is excellent, and you don't have CSA. It is common even for people without apnea to have a few central events during the night. It just means that you paused between breaths for 10 seconds or more. This often happens after some arousal breathing. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Put it out of your mind.

Do try raising your minimum as Opal Rose has suggested. That way you can have the benefit of your EPR of 3 all night long. (The lowest the machine can go is 4.)

It may be a while before you start feeling better during the day. You're off to an excellent start, and so I suspect you'll be feeling better before too long. Patience is the watchword!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 159 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,355 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.