Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Knocked over AirSense 10
Knocked over AirSense 10
Got out of bed, came back, sat on the heated tube, pulled the whole unit onto the bed. Attached humidifier spilled water into the outgoing tube, not sure about inside the machine. I think it's ok, though. But now I know one reason why people get those doodads that hold the tube over the bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Knocked over AirSense 10
I didn't know that people on the east coast knew about doodads, thingamajigs and whatchamacallits lol

Sorry for taking this to another level but couldn't resist. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! So I wasn't the only one that had a frightening night last night. I forgot to hook up my humidifier last night after I filled it. While lying in bed waiting for the machine to start running, I turned over, the hose snagged my humidifier and dropped it on the floor. I was really scared that I damaged it. Thankfully it looks ok. I guess these things are meant to take a beating. I was also looking at the hose buddy but I really don't like the idea of paying $20+ for shipping. Maybe I will make my own.
Post Reply Post Reply
Plan ahead. If you ever turn the CPAP machine plus humidifier over, pick it up with the humidifier side down so that you don't slosh the water around any further inside the blower unit.

Even better planning ahead: Don't turn it over in the first place. Grin

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
when they built these things, they anticipated the normal reaction (autonomous) of CPAP'ers throwing the CPAP across the room in frustration.

if you were here in the 70's remember the gorilla that tested the luggage for SAm...nite. --yeah- they used the same gorilla to do the CPAP toss test.

:winkers:
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2015, 02:11 PM)Kladeios Wrote: Wow! So I wasn't the only one that had a frightening night last night. I forgot to hook up my humidifier last night after I filled it. While lying in bed waiting for the machine to start running, I turned over, the hose snagged my humidifier and dropped it on the floor. I was really scared that I damaged it. Thankfully it looks ok. I guess these things are meant to take a beating. I was also looking at the hose buddy but I really don't like the idea of paying $20+ for shipping. Maybe I will make my own.
Cant get much cheaper than this <link removed>.

There are lots of similar "Hose Buddy" solutions online that are cheaper than the original "Hose Buddy"....but I don't have experience with any of them.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone on here posted about using one of the ski-lift ticket holders for the hose minder. A retractable key chain could also be rigged for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
there are some really good drawer/cabinet ideas and humor in the thread i started recently when i did the same Big Grin
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...to-my-head
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 463 9 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,099 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 1,610 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,416 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,102 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,388 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 19,719 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.