Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Here I go again sleep with gabapentin, AHI score almost 0 till wake up. Also Summary of my sleep from September to now. 

Talking about my love of toes rubbing to bed sheet or blanket: this is a habit since i was a child. This habits was also with me while driving, I need to rub my toes under the shoe. I think the only time won't rub my toes on something is walking. Since having foot surgery If some one could pull my foot injury to his/her here then push back to me, vow i feel so good. I don't know how to read at flow level things.

My sleep report show my oxygen was lower to 70% during sleep study. That smart watch show last night also attached here. I concern of gabapentin would make me sleep deeper and the cause of REM as showing in my "smart watch". Is anyone know that the newest apple watch report of your sleep like this watch  that I bought very cheap ( ~ $ 40 ) from amazon .

Hope someone could input your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know enough about oxygen & watches to comment, but i will say your chart looks good. the only things barely noteable: flow is a little ragged but not much, you have persistent flow limitations but they're very low and your median inspiration is slightly higher than expiration. none of this is significant unless you aren't feeling rested, in which case you might try raising epr to 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice chart, Dapal. I'm glad you're able to sleep longer with the machine, and it's good to see the CAs down. You can try EPR of 3 as sheepless suggests; it might reduce your flow limitations, though it might also cause some more CAs. Your call.

According to the watch, you were asleep most of the time you were in bed, which is excellent. Yes, if the watch is to be believed, you had a lot of deep sleep. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. You also had relatively little REM sleep; more would be desirable. I wouldn't be surprised if your body will do some adjusting as you get used to the gabapentin -- and as you continue to get used to using the machine.

How are you feeling during the day? That's always a key part of the picture.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bring up my gabapentin dose to 600 mg instead 300mg
Here I go again with the last 2 night charts. 

I sleep a little longer ~ 4 hour then Hypopnea appeared.
My charts were zoomed to shown Flow Rate that I hope some one could input his/her thought.
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
How are you feeling during the day, Dapal? It looks as though you're getting in some decent nights with the machine.

Your chart looks generally good, though in the zoomed views we can see flow limitations (some flagged and some not, as is common) plus a little waxing and waning, which is nothing to worry about. It can be helpful also to see a full night for context.

Flow limitations result from the relaxation of tissues lining your airway, which slightly constricts it. They can show up as unusually small breaths, or as breaths where the top of the flow-rate line is flat, dented, or pointed, rather than smoothly curved.

Waxing and waning just means that first you breath more deeply, then because of that you feel less need to breath, and then need to catch back up with deeper breathing.

I would recommend that you try setting your EPR to 3. That might help a little with the flow limitations. It's possible they aren't really bothering you, but you never know until you experiment.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo
You nick sound like Sleep in French Dormir as I remember. Thanks for your thought of caring.
Here I go gain with my last night chart with two separate sleep cycle. I took 300 mg for "endormir" , wake up stay on bed try" redormir" but I could not.
Follow your advice I wake up, drink a warm cup Almond mill, check Apnea board reading a little bit, a habit for me know when wake up.  Wink then go back to bed.

Telling the truth that since joining forum I still don't understand things in Oscar. Like my chart of last night:

What is my Resp. Rate Med 13.20. 95% 15.60, Max 17.60. saying?
How it was compare with a normal sleep? I increased the EPR to 3 following advice. I will post daily so you and other could see my progress with note like how many red wine I had, how I eat during the day...?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, let's start with some math. Your tidal volume times respiration rate (breaths per minute) divided by 1000 mL per Liter is Minute vent.
440x13.2/1000=5.808. So your respiration rate is simply telling you that the machine is counting 13.2 breaths per minute, and it doesn't really vary too much because the 95th percentile is just 2-bpm higher. Your total breath cycle is equal to inspiration time plus expiration time, or 2.18+2.26=4.44 seconds. In one minute divided by the breath cycle (60/4.44-13.51 BPM) we see it all balances out to the respiration rate of 13.5 BPM, close enough for rounding errors.

I don't have any basis to correlate any of this to the glasses of red wine you had, but will suggest this all looks pretty normal / healthy for an average size male.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, "dormeo" means "I sleep" in Latin. Your charts continue to look very good. So how are you feeling during the day? Rested, or not so much? And how do you like EPR of 3?

Just to add to what Sleeprider has explained: the "median" value means half your numbers are below this and half are above. "95%" means 95% of your numbers are at or below this number. And "max" means all of your numbers are at or below this number (except that sometimes "max" really means 99% are at or below).

Everyone's respiration rate varies over the course of a night, sometimes faster, sometimes slower. Same for how deeply we inhale and exhale. So usually, looking at the median numbers is the best way to see that all is well -- as it is in your case.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my chart last night. I feels as usual. I thought I would take 600 mg help me sleep better at my  friend home as I forgot to bring with me Soft Collar Neck.. I taped my mouth with a cheap 3M soft tape I read that someone in our forum used it. 

[attachment=29191]

As I remember i went thru a bad dream that I parked my car i make a mistake that I hit in back wall and my garage back wall was all destroyed.  Wink

I had second dream after wake up around 2 Am but could not remember. Finally i decide to take mask opff, wake up take a warm almond mill and sleep without machine till my apple watch ring for wake up call. 

I had red wine daily, 2 -3 glass , usually i bottle of 750 ml  i finish in 2 day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Dapal. I'm not seeing the chart. It will always be helpful to know how you feel after a night you're posting about.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 969 3 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 8 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.