Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: [split] Dapal's Therapy Thread.
@Dormeo
I tried your suggest last night with a pill that let me sleep ~ 4 hours. 
Here is the chart.  

[attachment=25543]
From 4 AM till 6 Am I heard noisy breath in , found out that machine was emty of distilled water. I put some more water in , reading in bed and trying to see what was going on with my breathing with distilled water or not  Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
Dapal, I think it would be good to go back to the minimum of 7 with EPR of 3. That's where you've had your best results so far. (My own recommendation was meant as a transition step to a higher minimum and EPR of 3, but it turns out you didn't need any transition.)

Almost all of those centrals last night must be SWJ, given what you say about first being awake and hearing your breathing, then later lying in bed reading. So we shouldn't pay attention to them.

You are still having leaks, and it's possible they are part of the reason you're not sleeping more soundly. The chin strap you have may not be working well for you. Some members of this forum like the Knightsbridge Dual Band strap. They feel it lifts the jaw up without pressing it back. So you might give one of those a try.

You could also try a soft cervical collar to hold your jaw up, if jaw-dropping is part of the problem, and some people (including me) use tape to keep their lips from opening. I use Somnifix strips, which hold well but are gentle on the skin.

Dapal, I also wonder whether you're following the guidelines for better sleep. I like your idea of keeping track of what correlates with better sleep and worse sleep. Here are some factors to consider:

• Keep a consistent sleep schedule. Get up at the same time every day, even on weekends or during vacations.
• Set a bedtime that is early enough for you to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
• Don’t go to bed unless you are sleepy.
• If you don’t fall asleep after 20 minutes, get out of bed.
• Establish a relaxing bedtime routine.
• Use your bed only for sleep and sex.
• Make your bedroom quiet and relaxing. Keep the room at a comfortable, cool temperature.
• Limit exposure to bright light in the evenings.
• Turn off electronic devices at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
• Don’t eat a large meal before bedtime. If you are hungry at night, eat a light, healthy snack.
• Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy diet.
• Avoid consuming caffeine in the late afternoon or evening.
• Avoid consuming alcohol before bedtime.
• Reduce your fluid intake before bedtime.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Good sleep 4,5 hrs with a pill, went back to old setting. 
@Dormeo[attachment=25594]
will follow your advice, like that part Sex on the bed only. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2020, 09:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: dapal, your revised settings with minimum pressure 7.0 and EPR at 3 has eliminated the RERA events and reduced your flow limitation from 95th percentile of 0.31 down to 0.04. Your events have moved from obstructive to some centrals, but AHI is about the same. In general the low level of central events should be less disruptive to your sleep than the obstructive events.  I think you should continue with these settings for a couple days, and then we can look at EPR 2 and see if that works better.  To me this looks like an improvement in comfort.

What is AHI number telling us? I look back, seeing my AHI was low ranged from 2-0.8 with increasing MAX pressure setting suggested by this video on you tube :

But now my AHI is up with 7-12 Pressure setting.
[attachment=25650]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will come along but all of your are Central.  They are grouped together at the end of sleep and I would say they are positional meaning you were chin tucking or in some way cutting off your own breathing.  The cpap can not correct this, you need to find a way to stop it.  Some use a collar... but I would try another night or two and see if it continues.  You may have just been in a bad position...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't matter what your maximum is if your machine never increases the pressure up to the limit. As you can see, your maximum actual pressure was 8.2. So increasing the theoretical maximum to 12 was not making any difference to how your machine behaved during the night.

What I see here, as with some of your other charts, is a large number of central apneas toward the end of your session. Do you think you were awake, or partially awake, during the period from 3:15 to the end last night? Or around 3:50 to the end? I ask, because flags for events while you're awake or partially awake aren't telling us anything about how your therapy is working while you're asleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Staceyburke
@Dormeo

I slept without pill last night till 3 AM. The rest were “ Day Dream like practice yoga trying to breath in and out by nose, awaike ;Smile change position left right straight fixing the nasal for not hearing heavy noise till ... ,then I decided stop, reading on bed, falling in sleep without wearing this -#$-+€£¥
Soft collar is on the way for trying tonite.

Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am back, haven't had sleeping pill for 10 days.  I decided to change to full Face Mask , had been using Nasal Mask since the start of therapy. I think the full face mask give some helps. I woke up without dry mouth. I could sleep 3-4 hours then wake up, not be able to go back to sleep. I hope some day with the help of forum I could sleep better. Thanks

[attachment=26159]

[attachment=26160]

Please look at my chart again  and tell me which area should I improve to? I think the AHI number shown higher because I was try to go back to sleep on Monday night, instead of wake up on Tuesday night ( last night ). I am also wearing the soft collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wish I could be of more help, but I hope Sleeprider or Bonjour will be by and give you there assessment. they have far more experience and I hope they have some suggestions for you. You should not worry to much about CA at the end of the night, they can be just trying to wake up.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Dapal. In reviewing the history in this thread, I think we will reduce minimum pressure to 6.0 and try EPR 1. Your problems are mainly central apnea events, and they are lower at lower pressures and you made progress moving from EPR 3 to EPR 2. Your mask worked out pretty good and looks like it slipped above your lip for a while, but it's an improvement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 154 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 251 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,336 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.