Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Set your EPR = 1 to reduce the Central Apnea. Keep the min pressure at 7
I see 6-7 hrs of sleep, are we past the 3-4 hr barrier?
Post Reply Post Reply
@SleepRider & Bonjour

Here is my first night of trying Min6. Max12, EPR1. I could sleep about 4 hours last night no pill Rolleyes . I asked The supplier if i could change to Bilevel Air Curve S10, was told that I need to talk to Sleep Doctor.
I also just figured out that my machine was a used one. I 've been using this machine for about one month. There is no way this machine running hours would be 258 hours. Shy .
Post Reply Post Reply
based on 8 hours of sleep for 30 nights it would be 240 hours... Having it on to try on masks, getting use to it.  I don't know if you did that but the hours are not that out of line unless you only turned it on a few hours a day.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not shy to tell here, just donated but the thread closed -Wink. So here I am , still struggle with 1,2 hour sleep if no pill. I will try to update my chart regularly.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need the Fund Raising Thread to be open. You can donate anytime. Look at the black ribbon at the top of the page, 3rd from the left, to donate.

Here is the link as well:
https://www.apneaboard.com/donate.htm

We're always grateful to have someone donate here.
Thanks
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still not sure if my setting is right for me or not, be able to sleep 3-4 hour each night, woke up not go back to sleep. 
On Labor weekend, I had to use sleepy pill and here is the chart with setting pressure down
[attachment=26462]  Big Grin

Here is my sleep report with the last two night chart without sleepy pills, go back with suggested setting. 

[attachment=26463]

Sad I could not attached another file, error my storage is full, will try again
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=26467]

and here is my Sleep report 
[attachment=26468]

Could Some one guide and explain to me? T am thinking quiting CPAP and just go with sleeping pill prescribed to me.  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Dapal, we need to get you comfortable with your therapy and the best way to do that is to increase minimum pressure so that there is less pressure fluctuation. I would also like to increase the EPR to treat flow limitations. Your sleep test results show that you have a moderate AHI of 18.2 per hour without therapy, and a significant portion of that is hypopnea. Flow limitations were noted in your study.

Your current therapy shows that you have low obstructive apnea, but that hypopnea and flow limitations continue to be the biggest problem. To resolve this, we need to take minimum pressure to 7.0 and EPR to 2. I realize you were instructed to reduce the EPR to 1, however I think the solution is less the reduction of EPR and more getting you to a more steady pressure and less sleep disruption. This should give you better results and comfort, but we wont' know until we see it. As far as returning to sleeping pills, do what you need to for comfort for now, but eventually you will need to wean off them. Using sleeping pills without CPAP therapy is not a good idea as you have a fairly significant oxygen desaturation without therapy, and of course sleeping pills will simply make that worse.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@Sleeprider
Again I went to bed no sleeping pill, woke up after 4 hour.
Here I go with your suggestion: PS:7-12/ER2
What I don't understand is more pressure create more AHI but flow limit number is better.
[attachment=26492]

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Sunday morning, up with the lark
I think I'll take a walk in the park
Hey hey hey, it's a beautiful day ..."
Here I am again on Sunday, just remember an old time song. Last night I woke up at 2:30 AM, took out SD card, reading at my AHI, flow limits ;`) and post in our forum, feeling like a son complain to parent in this family . Then I put the SD card back in machine, started again. First time ever I could sleep till 9:30 with therapy . I took SD card again, trying import data of 2nd sleep But this time Data is not showing at all. Is the Oscar software just be able to tell and count data recorded once a day only? Need to say that i shut down the power between therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 939 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 840 6 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.