Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Delete the day's data, then re-import it. Currently, OSCAR can import only once in a 24-hour day. The day runs from noon to noon.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A song, a joke -- sounds like you're feeling better! You had a bunch of central apneas -- pauses in your breathing that were 10 seconds or more -- but aside from that you did pretty well. The main thing, though, is that you got in all that extra sleep, and probably long after your pill wore off.

Sleeprider will advise you about whether to adjust your settings, but I just wanted to say how good it is to see you make progress.
Post Reply Post Reply
As Crimpson says, you need to go to the Data Purge, Current Day, menu option, then re-import.

The results of your last chart show all events are central, and all focused near the time you went to sleep, then again when you woke up. This is typical of sleep arousals where there are pauses in breathing. Basically you got 4.5 to 5 hours of good sleep bookended by some CA events. Since we often refer to this a sleep wake junk (SWJ), I think continuing the settings as-is may result in these events eventually diminishing. Pressure fluctuation is relatively low and therapy is effective through most of this. We can look at a few more sessions and probably reduce maximum pressure to 9.0 if this continues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try deleting the day and then loading it again. Have the day you want to fix on the screen.  Go to data at the top of the left column and click on advanced.  Next purge current selected day.  It will ask if you want to delete, say yes then reload the day from your card.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to pull my hair , squeeze elbows to read and learning in this forum because of barrier language. Thanks for all help from Uncle, Ann, Parents -Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my chart last night.
[attachment=26538]
I was falling in sleep after 10 minutes laying on my right side on bed. For some reason as I remembered that I change position to on back by look at the chart at 10:30. 
[attachment=26539]
Is that the reason of causing Central leak?  Should i monkey around with pressure setting or let it go for a while then report back? Thank you all your inputs.
Post Reply Post Reply
What you are seeing are sleep onset central apnea. They are of minimal duration and not important in terms of your health. They are thought to be the result of the voluntary respiration handing off to the autonomic respiration control. You can search for "voluntary and autonomic respiration" for more explanation. Another term used for this is "sleep wake junk", which means events that are insignificant to your sleep and health.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Dear All.

My cycle sleep appeared  as same as before : Sleep 2-3 hour without ambient ;  wake up, lucky back to sleep an hour or so, wake up again, back to sleep an hour ... Here is the chart for that night with high AHI
[attachment=26697]

This night ( again without sleepy pills ) but slow AHI. I adjust the full face Airfit F20 mask perfect for that night sleep ok for 3-4 hour and get out of bed
AHI show here is less than 1  Wink

[attachment=26698]

Last night . I wenr bed at 10, wake up at 1:30. ..Then I had to to use  ambient for go back to sleep but still wake up every one hour or so , showing higher AHI

[attachment=26701]

For my limited screen capture of my macbook pro problems  it could not captured the whole screen with f12. My EPR setting is 2 full time.  (Next time I will do with capture way within macbook pro Shift command 3 )

I hope some day I could get a Bilevel machine. A friend told me to try chewing Canabis gum for sleep. Is any one tried this, provided that is legalized  at your state. Here at my state you need to go to a place for register and permitted from doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do they make a timed released ambient ? I take a sleeping pill many nights, it is timed released and has helped me stay asleep and go back to sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't tried cannabis gum, but I did try a cannabis edible. What the dispensary recommended was an indica strain with less than 20% THC. That's the element in cannabis that makes you high. So, more than 80% CBD.

Unfortunately, it didn't do anything for my problem, which was sleep disruption due to pain. A little googling will also tell you there isn't enough research yet to determine what the effect of regular use might be on either REM or deep sleep.

Because you are using Ambien long term, which is not advisable, perhaps it's worth trying something else? But I'm not a doctor, so I just can't advise you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.