Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
You're a smart guy to pass on the smelt fish! It's good to see you getting decent amounts of sleep (and cracking jokes!).

About mask type: the machine can't actually detect what kind of mask you are using. You have to tell it. Look in the clinical settings. It doesn't make a huge difference, but you might as well use the right setting for the mask you're using.

About flow limitations: you have them in both charts, but they're not bad at all.

If you stick with the FFM, I wonder whether there's any tiny adjustment you could make to help it stay in place. I don't use a FFM myself, so I don't have any suggestions.

If you try the nasal mask further, you might consider using tape to keep your lips closed. If you want to experiment, get a box of Somnifix strips to try out. They're expensive, but they're easy to use, gentle on the skin, and do the job. If they work for you, you can try some less expensive alternatives. Be sure to purse your lips before you put the strip on.

Your O2 levels during you sleep study dropped below 90% some of the time, probably due to your obstructive apnea events. I'm going to bet your O2 levels are doing fine now. That's one of the big health benefits of PAP treatment: it spares your brain and heart from those desats.

By the way, during your sleep study, all your events and all your desats occurred while you were lying on your back, which is how you spent almost all of that night. Do you still sleep on your back?
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo
Quote:About mask type: the machine can't actually detect what kind of mask you are using. You have to tell it.
I changed to NM trying out and changed back to FFM but software show FFM on both.
Quote:during your sleep study, all your events and all your desats occurred while you were lying on your back, which is how you spent almost all of that night. Do you still sleep on your back?

I am not sure that I was lying on back during sleep study. The nurse told me that I need to take sleep pill on that night so Doctor can study my sleep behavior. I started falling in sleep on my right side most of the time , but also on back and left side during the night.
Here is last night result. 
[attachment=27346]
Flow Limit is 0 perfect but most of clear airway shown was at the time i changed my position , waking up  . I woke up around  3 AM last night making lots of clear airway as it reported AHI  Alive Hope Index Coffee I will try that Somnifix
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=27356]
[attachment=27357]
Last night I sleep good ~ 4 hour less AHI no pill. Central things showing 14 was zoomed in ( learned from Bonjour said like EKG" )
Being here ~2 month, feel like in a 2nd year of Med School  like
I hope some expert could give inputs of how my respiratory, oxygen level, looks like? Thank you very much.
Post Reply Post Reply
No leaks last night! Your numbers are looking very good, but the best news is that you are getting in some decent chunks of sleep without a pill. Little by little, you will be able to get more and more, I hope.

Your median respiration rate, tidal volume, and minute ventilation all look normal to me: in a normal range for someone of your build. But I will defer to others with greater expertise.

Also, you have the right idea with the centrals the night before last. If they happen while you are falling asleep or in a wake-up during the night, they are really of no significance (other than the fact that you are not asleep).
Post Reply Post Reply
As you might reading this tread, I had to use pill to sleep. Someday I tried no pill, sleep about 2-3 hour or so. I post on other thread also of my sleeping problems . Seems to me CPAP give some helps. Do you think Billevel Air curve machine would help more? Or else should I do?

Posting today is yesterday with a prescribed given by Doctor

and last night with Melatonin only
First Part: I slept, Close my eyes but..  sleep like no sleep at all, no AHI  Unsure

Second Part: Get tired and felt in dream that I voted already for ( J/k )  Bonjour and Dormeo  Big Grin  lots of AHI waking up

Have a nice day and learning all my friends, Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the good news is that you had two nights of 6-8 hours total usage of your machine, with excellent numbers. (I agree that you should ignore the CAs at the beginning or end of your sleep.)

Can you tell us how you are feeling during the day? Sleepy and foggy, or OK?

Your current settings are working well for you. About an Aircurve VAuto -- if you had to tolerate high pressures, or if you had flow limitations that were spoiling your sleep, a bilevel machine might help you. On the night you took the prescription drug, your FLs were very good. On the melatonin night, they were less good overall, but the main period of flow limitation was when you were mostly awake, during the beginning of the night. So I don't think you'd benefit from a bilevel machine.

I do want to observe that while things are not yet where we want them to be, they are better. You continue to have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, which must be very frustrating. Could I ask what drug the doctor gave you, and whether you are allowed to take it every night if you want to?
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo
 I was told that I could use it daily by my doctor. I have been sleep well with CPAP and sleepy pill called Gabapentin treating restless legs symptoms. I also bought a CMSD+ trying out but I could not transfer data to Oscar yet.
Here is the last night chart zoomed in that I would like expert take a look of..

Thank You
Post Reply Post Reply
"I have been sleeping well." Dapal, this is major news! Congratulations!! I'm delighted to hear it. You have had such a long road to travel. Aren't you glad to have arrived at this happy place?
Post Reply Post Reply
For sure I read this forum daily, waiting for Vote things over , Are we all USA people are stressing with this? Then I would try no pill again  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
here i go my chart with Pulse Oxmeter

Is CPAP help me? Or the pill? (I 've been use pill for sleep hopefully that pill would cause no harm to me ). Am I normal with oxygen, SPO2?? Telling the truth, before my chart look like a virgin  Wink so clean now it is a mess with all kind of things I dunno.
I woke up see the CMS50D+ went black , thought the battery was low but Data from device imported OK to Oscar.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,352 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.