Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Hi Dapal, it's so good to see you getting more sleep on the machine, and with a very good AHI.

Your pulse rate was generally within a normal range (60 to 100). I don't know why it was higher for a while and then lower. Your O2 levels were also within a normal range (89 to 100). Again, I don't know why there was more variability for a while and then less. It looks like the battery ran out at around 4:40.

In other words, I don't see anything here to worry about even a little bit. You can get some more nights of data and see what kinds of readings are normal for you. The occasional higher pulse rate may just indicate something going on in your REM sleep; the occasional drop in O2 levels may just be a momentary loss of contact with the sensor. In other words, ignore brief and infrequent readings outside the normal ranges.

I'm curious why you decided to track these data. Was there something worrying you?
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo
I bought this Pulse Oximeter out for curiosity of what cause of my sleep problems. I will watch out for what it will be. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I still need help for right setting.

Haven't post my chart but I still read my SD card and this forum daily. 
Someday with Gabapentin for sleep pill I even get 0 AHI,

other days without pill showing showing high AHI.

Here is the result last night.
I was trying to on bed early with Melatonin 10mg bought at costco.I lay down on my bed knowing all things .AHI scored high .

Out of mask, I was able felt in sleep with Ambien cut in half.

With the helps and share of people in this forum, I was able to sleep well for a while but for the pass week , my sleep was terrible. Even with Ambien fast result but just wake up after 4 hour.

Knowing from SleepRider's advice that someday i would be able to sleep no need pill. I was trying but still not be able to. I was wondering my sleeping problem was because of this election 's news i was watching every day?

I also bought a cheap watch just to watch my sleep health. That "smart" watch showed my score is usually low REM . Any inputs would be very appreciated. Thank you for reading.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dapal, stress and anxiety can certainly make sleep worse, as you suggest. Can you think of any other things that might have changed between the time you were sleeping better and the past week, which has been worse?

Earlier, you mentioned that your doctor said you could take gabapentin every day for restless legs. I wonder whether you'd do well to take it every day for a while and see whether that helps you sleep better more consistently. Restless legs can disrupt sleep. It's the ambien you want to take as little as possible, not the gabapentin.

You continue to have very good numbers, aside from some clusters of CAs that generally seem to come when you're awake. So I'd stick with your current settings, unless something makes you suspect those CA clusters are happening when you're asleep.

It's frustrating to be doing better and then start doing worse. (I'm in a period like that now myself.) Trying to figure out what might be making the difference is good, and some patience is good too.

Keep us posted, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was once prescribed gabapentin for restless legs / periodic limb movement. if you have one or both of these and the gabapentin is effective in reducing them, that would explain why you might sleep better after taking it. prescribed meds have significantly reduced my rls / plm and improved my sleep, but even so, it still wakes me several times a night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all advice. 
Gabapentin , reading the net is scared me of because of effects, especially Sex Live Smile I think I have to assure myself get used to it. Just like my lady scared the hell of her seeing me wearing full Face mask  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
A reduction in libido is NOT a common side effect of gabapentin. It is UNcommon. And I'll tell you what definitely does mess with people's sex lives: lousy sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
the notes they give us at the pharmacy for gabapentin scared me too but I stopped because I didn't think it was helping. knowing a little more now, like having learned to see my plm in my flow rate, I'd try it again. I'm currently taking ropinirole for it with reasonable results (but the cautions for it are just as scary). there's a variety of meds you can try so you might want to ask your doc. several have been mentioned in various posts on this site. near as I can tell, different meds work for some and not others so it's a matter of trying them out. subjectively, I think the effects of my untreated plm on my sleep were just as bad as my untreated ahi of 72.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all, will keep you posted. It would be a surprise if i sleep well after Jan 6 with right result Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2020, 03:47 PM)Dormeo Wrote: A reduction in libido is NOT a common side effect of gabapentin.  It is UNcommon.  And I'll tell you what definitely does mess with people's sex lives: lousy sleep!

Is lousy sleep Deep Sleep? I enclosed here my "smart watch" saying

From what i read on net " Most dreams occur during REM sleep, and it is thought to play a role in learning, memory, and moodPeople enter REM sleep within the first 90 minutes of falling asleep and, as the sleep cycle repeats throughout the night, REM sleep occurs several times nightly. "

Here is the chart last night, not sleep good at all
first 2 hour with gabapentin 600mg like i was in lousy sleep.

I woke up turn on music again for sleep-in, used to listen to voice story lately falling in sleep., had some dream though. 

I hope Experts in Forum. also welcome all thoughts could give me some light. Sorry if all confused with my English written meaning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 162 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.