Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dapal's Therapy Thread.
RE: Dapal's Therapy Thread.
Sounds like the P10 plus tape is a good solution for you. Leaks are a serious problem for only three reasons: they are so high your machine can't treat your apnea, they keep you awake, or they make your mouth horribly dry. The first two are unacceptable; the dryness, well, you have to decide what's OK for you.

So if the leaks aren't waking you up or going over 24 for more than a short while, you don't really need to worry about them.

It's very good to see you doing so well with this!
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo
It is so nice  reading your reply , caring is the most. I am not sure as I am typing that  sleepy medicine Gabapentin help me or something else. 

@ sleeprider I tried follow all your path, one of is the P10 mask from your experience. I am not ready to post my success story in this forum yet. I will try.

@all: I feel this forum is my family now. I hope i will contribute more by sharing my experiences.
@ Staffs: Donating is on my way
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, sometimes what helps as much as anything else is time -- time to get used to the new experience, to identify problems, and figure out solutions. I'm very glad time has been your friend in all this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here I am back the road again  Smile
Result on ResMed AirSense 10 recently :

lots of junkie  stuffs Unsure

I bought a brand new auto Curve on Craigslist. Last night is my first trying it out after seeing I had Airways, high AHI , junkie stuffs  Thinking-about

Could Some one explain to me am I doing alright  with my new machine setting up, compared  with I had been go though with ResMed AutoSense?

Learning a lots in this forum. I decide to go with Auto Curve, using my out of pocket money.
I still have to pay monthly renting of my old machine Autosense 10. Is a way for me to get reimbursed by Medicare?

I am using the same SD card  from Resmed Airsense 10 to new machine ResMed AutoCurve. Hopefully I could Print all details  out to show my primary doctor ( not the sleep doctor  Laugh-a-lot).
I intend to change back and for old machine and new machine convince my doctor that I sleep well, feeling better with new machine, Would it lead me to Reimburse from Medicare?

Thanks a lot if some one could put your inputs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another good result with Aircurve machine bought out of my pocket.
Have not Use  Res Med Airsense 10 for two day. Do they ( Advantage Medicare Insurance ) care about that? I Still have to pay ~$9/monthly.
Thank you for your advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dapal! It's great you're feeling better with your new Aircurve ASV machine. You've come such a long way!

As for the ASV settings, I'm not competent to advise you, so maybe Sleeprider will swing by and offer his thoughts.

I wish I had a definite answer to your question about Medicare, but my guess is they wouldn't consider funding an ASV unless your doctor wrote a prescription for it. Even then, they might not be open to reimbursing you for a machine you bought yourself. About the Airsense 10 Autoset, ask the insurance company whether you're in danger of losing the machine for non-compliance (not using it enough). But do you want to hang onto it? If not, maybe just give it back?
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks fantastic. My only suggestion would be to change from ASV to ASV auto mode which would let you set a range for EPAP. Considering you are doing so well with EPAP 4.0, I would only try a small range of EPAP min 4.0 and EPAP max 6.0, mainly because your past CPAP therapy often had higher pressure. Your PS range of 3.0 to 15.0 is working very well. If you changed nothing at all, your therapy looks fantastic, so it may be best just to stick with what is working.

You rarely had high AHI in the past, and I'll be most interested to hear if you feel you are sleeping more restfully with ASV. Do you mind saying what this cost on Craigslist?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Hello all,
I haven't post for a awhile but reading almost daily in forum. I tried not to use the pill for sleeping but I had to use Gabapentin again together with Resmed Airsense 10.
As you might reading my post that I also bought an Aircurve machine out of my pocket.
 Here is the last 6 night results with 2 night Aircurve between Resmed Airsense 10 

Please see next post for more results of three more attachments
Post Reply Post Reply

As you could see that  AHI Events was 0 using Aircurve compare to Resmed Airsense 10.
- What number should I charge for ResmedAirsense 10 to get good result as Aircurve?

I intend to print it out to show my sleep doctor that Air Curve machine help me and ask to have Aircurve Machine subscribed to me.
I have used Cpap Resmed Airsense 15 months already, no longer to pay monthly for the old machine.
What is my chance to get new subscription of Aircurve Machine? Have a reimburse of my out of pocket would be nicest I doubt it would happens.
 Thanks for the helps and your inputs.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are using ASV with pressure support at 3-15 and fixed EPAP at 4.0, and there are no events. It appears that ASV has cleared up all of the CA events previously experienced with CPAP and seems to be successful at avoiding obstructive events at the minimum EPAP. Your actual median pressure support is 4.0 an the maximum is 12.0, so it appears the settings are effective. Your question about reimbursement depends on having a doctor concur that the therapy is medically necessary and prescribe ASV as currently demonstrated. I suppose that mostly depends on the cooperation of your physician and your input as to whether this makes a significant difference in how your feel. It's clear the event rate is much lower, so that part seems pretty straight-forward.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,062 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 157 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,349 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,200 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.