Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Darn Aliens...
Ohmy 
Darn Aliens...
The aliens pulled a beauty on me last night.... I woke at 4AM to find my mask was gone... Not just taken off and left beside my head as sometimes happens... The mask was taken off - disconnected from the hose and put on the table. The hose was disconnected from the machine and neatly rolled up on the table - and the machine was unplugged from the power....

I know it wasn't me - I have never done anything neatly in my life - just ask Mrs Moriarty...

I was off the machine for just over 3 hours. I got a total of just over 4 hours of therapy with 2 hours before and 2 hours after the 'event'. I normally get between 6 and 7 hours sleep so this morning I woke up feeling like rubbish.

On the serious side and assuming its not really aliens - do others have this happen?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Darn Aliens...
Holmes must have sneaked in and done that. [Image: rofl2.gif]

Check the setup menu -- auto off submenu to see if it's set to remove mask, roll up hose and unplug power.[Image: jump.gif]

Seriously, never heard of such a thing. If not you, then who? Do you keep a Wallaby as a pet?[Image: taz.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Could it be Mrs. Moriarty?
Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Aliens.

So it is not your normal morning routine or after-cleaning routine? Wow.

Yep. Aliens.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Check your rug for Carpet Circles it may show where they landed the craft.
Good Luck,
Post Reply Post Reply
I was having the same issue. I thought it was the Ambian. The wife's did say something about strange lights. Just to be safe I am getting out the tin foil.

But ya had this same issue on and off Ambian( not sure if you are using an aid but thought I would toss that out there). Well I would hang it up, but not to the level you have experinced. So ya alians may explain it. For me I taped the mask to my face with medical tape after about a week I broke my self doing it and now don't need the tape. Hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
Moriarty …. not had this happen with cpap but when I wore a mouth guard, I would somehow put it back in the case and not remember it. So, I bet you are doing it in a sleepy state. Smile

check auto off submenu to see if it's set to remove mask, roll up hose and unplug power <------- funny! but, I would love that feature Wink

S
Post Reply Post Reply
Strange things just happen when we sleep.

My mother used to tell a story about how her pillowcase came off in the middle of the night, so she put it back on. She woke up the next morning and saw that my father was still sleeping beside her, but wasn't wearing the t-shirt he normally wore to bed. After getting up, she discovered her pillow was "wearing" my dad's t-shirt. Blink

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 09:12 AM)justMongo Wrote: Check the setup menu -- auto off submenu to see if it's set to remove mask, roll up hose and unplug power.

Now THAT is a feature I would like to see... Laugh-a-lot
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 05:56 PM)Doc J Wrote: Check your rug for Carpet Circles it may show where they landed the craft.
Good Luck,

For the record, Mt Dew burns when spewed from one's nose.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parents, relatives, friends, etc.. who treat others like aliens for using CPAP Diotima245 15 2,143 05-17-2019, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
Angry Well, darn, forgot to put the card back in. FrankNichols 18 3,810 10-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Darn this Stubborn Cold! Newbee2016 6 1,584 09-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  That darn cat shortyd 16 3,246 10-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.