Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How often do you download data from your machine?
This poll is closed.
Daily
25.00%
7 25.00%
Every Few Days
32.14%
9 32.14%
Weekly
21.43%
6 21.43%
Monthly
21.43%
6 21.43%
I don't or can't download my data.
0%
0 0%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Data Download
Data Download
How often do you download the data from your machine? Just a curiosity. I have not settled in on a pattern yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data Download
As you get more familiar with your machine and get the settings dialled in you'll find you download less frequently. I voted for weekly but in truth it's more like once every two weeks or so. I do check the screen in the machine every morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a relative newbie (since Feb 2016) I still download daily, because I'm still fine tuning my settings. Once my best range is found (and I think I'm there) I will not feel the need to check as frequently. I would have gotten there sooner, but my first sleep doctor prescribed a continuous setting of 6. In December, my new sleep doctor prescribed a range of 5-15. With the help of the fine folks here, I've been able to bring it into a range that lets me sleep all night and wake up feeling good.
Sleepless No More
Post Reply Post Reply
I would bet that this issue would be like most other things in life.  At first, you're excited about seeing the data and trying to improve on the results.  Once you get the numbers down to where you want them, you will find yourself downloading less frequently.  Of course,there will always be exceptions to this rule.  I still check the machine everyday when I wake up but only pull my SD card out once a week.  But then, I've been fortunate in that my daily numbers are very low these days so I don't feel the need to examine the data daily.  In the beginning, I was a fanatic downloading daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
I  download my data everyday into Sleepyhead. I also like to use the notes section in SH to keep track of exercise, BP, heart rate, weight, what I ate the day before etc. It's like keeping a diary in a way. I like it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with DeepBreathing on downloading.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Weekly, but sometimes go as long as two weeks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As a newbie, I download daily. I am sure that as I get the therapy dialed in I will cut back to weekly or there-abouts.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am with DeepBreathing too. At first, it was every day, first thing in the morning. Now it is every so often.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am with DeepBreathing too. At first, it was every day, first thing in the morning.

Now if I notice it has been several months I make a point of downloading, just to have a backup copy of the data in case the machine fries and takes the SD card with it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 441 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 743 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 578 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 784 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 801 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.