Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How often do you download data from your machine?
This poll is closed.
Daily
25.00%
7 25.00%
Every Few Days
32.14%
9 32.14%
Weekly
21.43%
6 21.43%
Monthly
21.43%
6 21.43%
I don't or can't download my data.
0%
0 0%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Data Download
RE: Data Download
I'm still trying to squeeze every bit of efficiency as I can out of my machine, so I still take a look although much less frequently than when I started. I tend to look every 3-5 days just to make sure I'm on track.

I suspect once I'm comfortable with the settings I'll push that back to what others have said in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
After about 6 months, I went to downloading monthly or so unless I was having problems with leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies all. While not a newbie to CPAP I am new to Sleepy Head and being more interactive with my treatment. I download every few day now. My AHI has been great around <2 and lately <1. My biggest problem has been leaks but I think with the new pillow and a chin strap they are much more controlled, still there but better. I look at the data to also try and squeeze out the most efficient settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had to vote every few days because I am trying to just relax and not be so anal about it.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My data is downloaded daily but only because I have it fully automated.  I review the data every now and then, no set pattern.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Need choice for quarterly, semi-annually, annually .....

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2017, 05:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: My data is downloaded daily but only because I have it fully automated.  I review the data every now and then, no set pattern.

I guess I missed something in my FlasPap training. I thought the only way to download the data to my computer was to open flashPap, scan the card, and download the files. How do you automate that?

I look at my data daily but that's because I'm a dataholic. I may need to attend meetings. Oh-jeez My wife tells me I've found as new hobby.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2017, 08:27 PM)Melman Wrote:
(03-25-2017, 05:26 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: My data is downloaded daily but only because I have it fully automated.  I review the data every now and then, no set pattern.

I guess I missed something in my FlasPap training. I thought the only way to download the data to my computer was to open flashPap, scan the card, and download the files. How do you automate that?

I look at my data daily but that's because I'm a dataholic. I may need to attend meetings. Oh-jeez My wife tells me I've found as new hobby.

Your wife and mine must be twins separated at birth Melman. Mine says the same thing LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Every week or two unless something seems to have gone wrong.
Daily I just to a quick check using  DreamMapper on my cell phone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just over 2 months into my xPAP journey, so who knows how it'll be once I really get the groove on?  But for now, I check every few days, or at least once a week. 

Mainly I just check when I had a weird night, or I tried something new, and I want to see if that affected anything.

The problem is... I don't really know what I'm looking at!  LOL  I need a primer on how to read Sleepyhead data, and understand what affects what, why, and how.

Sometimes I peek at the AHI on my machine's screen, just if I'm curious.  But I have to get my glasses on to see it, and then scroll through the pages... so I only look if I really am curious.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 439 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  How often do you download to OSCAR? kylemw 6 741 03-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Last Post: kylemw
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Received new BiPAp but will not download settings from DME... emptyheaded 4 577 06-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Last Post: emptyheaded
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 782 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.