Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data Hack
Data Hack
OK... Before the barrage of insults come flying at me from the morals police, I know that what I'm asking is bad, wrong, indecent etc.
But....
My employer requires me to use a CPAP for compliancy with what was perceived to be a sleep apnea issue. I have been 100% compliant for almost 6 months, and I mean 100%... every night, minimum 5 hours, mostly 7+.
According to the sleepyhead data, my AHI score is usually between 2-3, maximum is between 4 and 5. (Apart from a few one-off nights where leakage was through the roof because I'd removed it unknowingly in my sleep, but slept through it!)
I'm just been off work for annual holiday for 3 weeks and decided that (since I didn't HAVE to), I would go without for a few weeks.
Bottom line... difficult for first few days then sheer bliss for the next 2 1/2 weeks with great, fully restful, undisturbed sleep.
Went back to the machine a few day ago... HATE it, don't want it, don't need it, but HAVE to show compliancy for work!!
Nobody gives a s41t about my actual sleep patterns, I sleep MUCH better without it, and I'm literally just ticking a box by doing it, so I need to produce a convincing data report every 3 months from my card which shows how good I was and how compliant I continue to be.
Is this possible?

RE: Data Hack
What you are asking is for someone here to help you commit fraud. That would be a crime in most jurisdictions, and Apnea Board will not be used to help people commit crimes. So that's the LEGAL issue here.

I know you don't want to hear the MORAL side of things, but frankly you need to hear it anyway:

If your employer requires you to use your CPAP machine, you're probably in an industry where the government licences heavy equipment operators or you're in the trucking or commercial driving line of work, or you're in another line of work where you could cause great harm to yourself or others should you fall asleep on the job. In either of those cases, helping you to falsify your CPAP data will not help you in the long run and if you get caught, you could lose your job, or worse, kill someone if you fall asleep on the job.

If you believe that your circumstances don't coincide with the sleep apnea diagnosis, then perhaps you should take the bit of data you do have, use the free ResScan software and print it out to show a competent sleep doctor the data and request a re-evaluation. If you truly were mis-diagnosed, then you should be able to do the work necessary to document some of the facts and present them to a doctor who can then attempt to give a proper diagnosis.

If you were properly diagnosed, then you're fooling yourself if you think that falsifying your CPAP data will help you or anyone else in the long run.

Asking us to help you commit fraud is not the way to go.

For better or worse, you'll have to get that kind of "advice" elsewhere.

~ Thread closed ~

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 241 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,686 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,086 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Question Bookmarks (or hack) for User-Defined Events? DavidEsp 4 566 02-10-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data 2SleepBetta 4 1,286 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Neelix
  Bug: Viatom data reappearing in OSCAR after deleting oximetry data Ratchick 2 983 04-19-2021, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Ratchick

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.