Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Data Happy Diabetics....
(11-25-2015 12:14 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  no.... that is exactly what i wanted to know Big Grin bought a new next usb -- only to find the stupid ins company will not cover the strips Angry unfortunately, the usb next agreed with my old ultra2.... my blood sugar is now officially out of control for the first time in 30 years of managing it Sad

Check Bayer's website, They have a card you can print out to help with paying for strips.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-26-2015 04:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

(11-25-2015 12:14 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  ...my blood sugar is now officially out of control for the first time in 30 years of managing it Sad

Check for any kind of infection; even a tooth that needs a root canal can send blood sugars crazy.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-27-2015 07:00 AM
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

Sex: Female

(11-27-2015 07:00 AM)justMongo Wrote:  
(11-25-2015 12:14 PM)DariaVader Wrote:  ...my blood sugar is now officially out of control for the first time in 30 years of managing it Sad

Check for any kind of infection; even a tooth that needs a root canal can send blood sugars crazy.

good advice! Since I am prone to infections its even better advice than you know... unfortunately locating low grade infection sources can be very difficult.

BS is back down from the> 400 it achieved... but it is still running between 180 and 300. The a1c I had recently was 9.1. it has never done that before.

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
11-27-2015 12:45 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

First, as mentioned, if you are out of control, you could be ill. That is why I'm still not on insulin because when I have high numbers, it is usually fairly temporary. Second, besides the Bayer site coupon, you can also buy strips on Ebay and at Amazon for a lot less than the local drug store.

I'm fortunate that Medicare covers my meter and strip choice, but my sis has no insurance at all until January, so she got the strips off of Ebay and they work perfectly fine. Good until 2017. You can also get them via Amazon. I got strips that way as well as I tested more often than Medicare's guidelines (1 strip a day unless you are insulin). The pricing was a little more than Walmart or Target brand test strips.

Daria, just an FYI - a mini-stroke can also cause the numbers to be bizarre. Happened to my brother a couple of years ago and then he had a somewhat more significant stroke a couple of weeks later.
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2015 02:08 PM by Mosquitobait.)
11-27-2015 02:06 PM
DariaVader Offline
Apnea Board Facebook Editor
Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: H5i humidifier with ClimateLine heated hose
CPAP Pressure: 8-15

Other Comments: diabetes II, Thyroidectomized, Primary Immune Deficiency, and the list goes on :P

(11-27-2015 02:06 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  Daria, just an FYI - a mini-stroke can also cause the numbers to be bizarre. Happened to my brother a couple of years ago and then he had a somewhat more significant stroke a couple of weeks later.

Shock-2

stroke...

Thankfully I am not experiencing other signs of stroke!!!! With High BP, Diabetes, family history, and naughty cholesterol numbers I am certainly at risk.

Given my immune status and coupled with how really rotten I have been feeling for no discernible reason, an infection is even more likely Sad but difficult to prove since I tend to go for chronic and low grade.

Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

11-27-2015 02:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Happy Halloween 0rangebear 6 243 11-07-2016 03:14 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Another step toward eliminating fingerpricks for diabetics... DeepBreathing 0 121 09-26-2016 07:37 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Happy U.S. Independence Day pupcamper 12 499 07-04-2016 10:35 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Happy Canada Day!! cate1898 1 269 07-01-2016 06:47 PM
Last Post: chill
Video Happy Extended Memorial day weekend SeriousJoker 1 232 05-28-2016 06:29 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  type 2 diabetics... cause for hope? DariaVader 7 494 03-15-2016 07:22 PM
Last Post: GrammaBear
  Happy 240th Birthday USMC justMongo 3 459 11-11-2015 12:38 AM
Last Post: justMongo