Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data
Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data
Please advise what might be done.

What is the minimum "carrier vehicle" one might create to enable import (for display by OSCAR) of the data of ,say, a Somnopose-structured data set in a CSV data file?

My guess/hope is some stub file, hopefully one that had even a fixed "data start" time of, say, 00:00:00 could be devised to open OSCAR's door to, say, arbitrarily sized CSV file with up to 8 hours of data. I'm not looking to use the OSCAR flow rate display window, just gain use of OSCAR's number of importing capabilities( for one "workshop profile").

It may be I could meet the need now, it occurs to me as I type. Use one special profile and a regular sleep file. Cause my alien data that is to be imported have a start time agreeing with that  "template" sleep file. Then ignore its irrelevant plots and use the other available import windows for my graphing.

My goal is to gain use of OSCAR's great selection and zooming capabilities on novel large data sets that are built to comply with, say,  the Somnopose data structure.
I presently use OSCAR import of Somnopose data to display "Somonopose shaped" accelerometer data--very helpful. 

Illustration:  Say I'd like to import CSV file data from an oximeter, accelerometer or some special concoction of data/analytics from a BRP or PLD file (in a compliant) text or CSV format. But I do not have the necessary matching Resmed  SD card with all the data needed to enable importation of other data. I'll be up against that matter requiring importation of sleep data from the SD card before importing time matched SpO2 data (and ?) accelerometer data. The SD card with some compliant (no pun)  sleep data would open the import window.

Thanks for looking at this and any suggestions.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Import CSV data file without matching SD card sleep data
You have sparked my interest. Do you have a sample file for others to look at?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the versions I've tested you can load Somnopose and oximetry data without corresponding CPAP data. The "Go to the most recent day" button doesn't seem to work (only goes to the most recent CPAP day) but you will see the day in the calendar gets highlighted appropriately and you can switch to view that day using the calendar or next/previous day arrows (or even switch to a day that doesn't have any data in order to add notes, etc).
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, great help, kappa. Am anxious to apply it. Thank you and thank you for your interest CR.

I think, CR, kappa may have assuaged your curiosity, but I can put a file in a drop box that will have TV and TV shortfall below a 0.5 L baseline approximation I have used temporarily--lacking an appropriate moving baseline. (By inspection of the plots one can get a good idea of the moving error using 0.5 L) Another project, another layer of the sleep data analysis onion.

So far I've been stewing over the matter of how to best estimate the time when expiration ends and inspiration begins, given my prominent cardiogenic data in sessions of interest and the few random zero crossings of the axis (actual 0's).

What has been exasperating in my Software thread work is having a slow fast computer made slow by choices of inefficient formulae, methods, and premature settings of graphic detail, as if file sizes were not enough to slow matters. It's good one can set manual calculation, but unfortunately charting settings and changes stall matters too and I haven't found a way to avoid that. Finally 'started learning routine use of range names to navigate and cut scrolling time--never having more than a couple hundred rows of data and formula to deal with before.

All said, more cheering for the wondrous things OSCAR does to display all matters as desired

On this same thread topic, does the VIATOM provide a txt or CSV file for OSCAR import? If so, where can I find the required file structure? What other import channels are there, if any, that use txt or CSV files? I use the Somnopose structure. I take it that the Dreem channel will only take data in the form of the four sleep stage names. Further, I forget its low resolution level, 20 or 30 second samples?
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR imports VIATOM data directly from the binary files generated by the devices. No CSV input there.

-Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 76 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 762 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.