Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data Security
RE: Data Security
(04-12-2017, 03:27 PM)PamVT41 Wrote: Nothing to gain but why do crazy people hack into people's pacemakers?
Nutcases with nothing better to do are worrying clinicians who use medical monitoring equipment.
Someone stupid could change your settings or render your machine inoperable.
We have medical personnel who murder patients just for kicks nothing personal just kicks.

Of course all of this is highly improbable but why open the door even a tiny crack.

I don't like my DME people either and I don't want them to have access to my info.  I take my SD card directly to the doctor when I see her.

if your machine has remote access andor wifi capability it does not help to take the sd card to the doctor
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the ResMed also have Bluetooth, for those who want to use the app?

In my DreamStation, I have pulled the cellular component (which is external, so easy peasy) and I've turned on airplane mode in order to disable the bluetooth.
Post Reply Post Reply
No Bluetooth on Resmed machines that I know of...
Post Reply Post Reply
Using Bluetooth on the dreamstation still accomplishes the upload.  It just does it through your phone.  If you go to DreamMapper.com from a computer and log in you'll find all your data.  If you use either of Resmed or PRs respective apps your data is reaching a server controlled by that company.  

There is little risk of your data being discovered or exploited from your machine.  It would be a ton of effort for no real gain.  It's more likely the server from the company would be the target, and given some of the new laws (HIPAA) regarding health data, I would bet it's locked down well.
Post Reply Post Reply
No wifi hacking worries here from the Flashair card. Wifi has encryption and the Flashair antenna is so small, they would literally need to be camped out on my dead, brown lawn to get a signal. That would be something the cameras would pick up.

You could use wifi to write to Flashair but only if you have it configured to allowed it, you knew the ssid (if doesn't broadcast), password or you broke my wifi encryption and it still requires a physical card cycle for the machine to pick it up.

Not in the least concerned about accessing the machine through cell network.

And as everyone has said, if some maroon wants to look at my AHI go right ahead. The machine doesn't know my name or any other personal info about me.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,692 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 925 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 817 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,337 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,105 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Mouthbreather, Taping Security item christian4870 1 981 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM
Last Post: silversnore
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,079 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.