Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data Storage [how much will AirSense 10 store?]
Data Storage [how much will AirSense 10 store?]
How much data will the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset store on the SD card?  Is there a maximum number of days data that it stores or is it limited only by the capacity of the card?

The machine itself seems to store some summary data internally - is there a limit (ie number of days) with this internally stored data?

Thanks

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data Storage
(09-02-2017, 11:14 PM)RobertWA Wrote: How much data will the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset store on the SD card?  Is there a maximum number of days data that it stores or is it limited only by the capacity of the card?

The machine itself seems to store some summary data internally - is there a limit (ie number of days) with this internally stored data?

According to published reports, the AirSense will store 365 days of summary data and 30 days of detailed data AND high-resolution FLOW data on the SD card. The machine itself only stores the summary data and its own operational data (hours used, etc.) https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/commercial...cards.html

CORRECTED INFO IN CAPS PER ZONK

Therefore, I transfer the data from the SD card to both Sleepyhead and ResScan on a weekly basis. Since my system is backed up daily (full backup, not an incremental backup) using professional-grade backup software (Acronis), I do not worry about losing data. Periodically I backup the SD card to a zipped folder.

Unfortunately, if you forget to place the SD card back in the machine, all that will be there is the summary data and the detail data when the card was last present in the device.

The data that is transmitted to the mothership is summary data and is worthless for any real analysis.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, srlevine1.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 08:36 PM)RobertWA Wrote: Thank you, srlevine1.

Robert
You are most welcome.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 12:49 AM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 11:14 PM)RobertWA Wrote: How much data will the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset store on the SD card?  Is there a maximum number of days data that it stores or is it limited only by the capacity of the card?

According to published reports, the AirSense will store 365 days of summary data and 30 days of detailed data, and 7 days of high-resolution data on the SD card. The machine itself only stores the summary data and its own operational data (hours used, etc.) https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/commercial...cards.html
Good afternoon
AirSense 10 AutoSet stores 30 days of both detailed data and high-resolution data, the 7 days of high-resolution data only apply to the S9 AutoSet. I don't download very often, that is also what I've found
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data Storage [how much will AirSense 10 store?]
I use a 16GB Flashair WiFi SD Card with my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and use Sleepyhead to view the data.  Right in the middle of session number 381 it stopped writing detail data on the SD card - the card at that point contained just over 1.0GB of data.  The only way I could get the machine to start recording details again was to delete a bunch of the oldest sessions from the DATALOG folder on the SD card.  So the answer, at least in my case, is that the machine stops at about 1.0GB of data or 380 sessions.  It will not utilize the entire 16GB SD card capacity.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2017, 12:49 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/commercial...cards.html

Thanks for that link.  There seems to be a detail that was changed later but not updated on that page.  The page says:

Quote:Can my patients use SDHC, mini SDHC, micro SDHC, or SDXC cards with their therapy devices?

No. Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) cards, as well as mini and micro SDHC cards and SDXC cards, do not work with any ResMed sleep therapy devices.

But my A10 included a 4-gig card with the SDHC and Resmed logos on the label.  Go figure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not knowing much about SD cards (HDs & optical drives are more my bag), I skimmed the Wikipedia page and learned that:

Item:  Any SD card over 4 gigs has to be SDHC (if it's not SDXC, which is the next step up), and folks here have mentioned using 8G and 16G cards, so that little bit in the Resmed document about SDHC not being acceptable is obviously out of date.

Item:  For maximum compatibility with all consumer-electronics devices, when you're formatting the cards on a computer, SDSC cards (standard capacity, without the SDHC logo) that are >32MB (in other words, not puny) should be formatted with a FAT16B file system, whereas all SDHC cards should be formatted FAT32.  Hadn't known about that until now, and I've got a FAT32-formatted 1G SDSC card in my A10 and it seems to be working OK.  So that warning is just based on what the firmware in most old devices (not necessarily CPAP machines) will be expecting to deal with.  In most cases it's best to let the device itself format/erase the card when that's feasible, rather than doing it on a computer.

FYI, FWIW, HTH, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
The A10 seems to use the 4Gb, whereas the S9 used a 2Gb SD card. The mention of the 4Gb minimum is because that is the most the Resmed will use. Since most new cards are a lot larger this has become a nonissue. A lot of the 16Gb cards are the FlashAir wireless SD card. This is because it is the most cost effective. If you download your data to a PC regularly, then you shouldn't experience any problems with the 1Gb card.
One last thought; SD cards can go bad. It would be a good idea to have a backup on hand.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My AirCurve 10 machine with 16GB Flashair WiFi SD stopped writing data in the middle of the 839th day. Total datalog size was about 4.6GB.
I've erased all data from the AirCurve menu, removing all datalog files and we'll see tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 161 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP Storage kimohare 4 346 01-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  How does AirSense 11 transmit data CPAPDude58 9 3,387 01-23-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: MarkP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.