Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data card question (ResMed S8)
Data card question (ResMed S8)
I switched to an S8 about a week ago and I am attempting to purchase a data card reader. This machine stores 4 or 5 days worth of detailed data, and I inserted the data card this morning. If I insert it again in a few days, does anyone know if the detailed data will accumulate, or if the data I captured this morning will be erased? I would have purchased an S9, but I got an outstanding deal on a used S8 that turned out to be a zero-hour machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data card question (ResMed S8)
ok, when you insert your card the data just accumilates and when you upload to your computer it asks you if you want to overwrite or discard but it doesnt matter which you chose on using Rescan as the data is there but if you update your rescan the data will be lost but no worries cos when you upload the data again its all still there on the card Big Grin

God that sounds confusing Oh-jeez

Just stick ya card in the machine and upload it to your pc everytime you do this the data accumilates. Hope that helps Give me a shout if you get stuck Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
I know the data accumulates on the computer in ResScan, but I won't be able to upload the data card until I get the card reader. The S8 uses a smart card, not the SD card used by the S9. I was asking about the machine's behavior if you insert a data card that already contains data.

I have had an AHI of 6-7, three of the last four nights. I would really like to get a look at the detailed data before my follow-up appointment a month from now, and I don't want to lose those nights from the data card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I put my SD card in the reader I always make sure to push the "Lock" button to "Lock" that way it can't erase any data. BE SURE to "Unlock" it befor you put it back in your machine!!!!!!

As for a reader, I'd try one if your local computer shops.

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
For me I would try to exchange the S8 with S9 AutoSet or S9 Elite bc its got added features not available on the S8 such as central apnea detection plus few more, see the charts for specification and comparison
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
The S8 uses a special card, doesn't it? And needs one of their dedicated readers vs just any kind of reader?

While I'm sure you got a good deal, the card issue is going to be a pain.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, I have found and ordered a card reader, but it has to be shipped from Israel. There's no telling how long it will take to get here. The deal was good enough to put up with the card issue.

I've been reading up on smart card technology today. The data storage capacity is very limited (measured in k-bytes), so I don't expect that it can hold any additional data. I'll just wait until I receive the card reader before I do anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2012, 06:28 PM)big_dave Wrote: Actually, I have found and ordered a card reader, but it has to be shipped from Israel. There's no telling how long it will take to get here. The deal was good enough to put up with the card issue.

I've been reading up on smart card technology today. The data storage capacity is very limited (measured in k-bytes), so I don't expect that it can hold any additional data. I'll just wait until I receive the card reader before I do anything.

So far it holds 2 years worth of data for me. The reader from Israel took about 10 days to the UK so you shouldnt be waiting too long and the cards come from Canada which you should be ok there also. Theres not much difference from the S9 apart from centrals and flow rates but other than that it gives you all the info you need. Good luck

DC

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2012, 02:26 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: So far it holds 2 years worth of data for me. The reader from Israel took about 10 days to the UK so you shouldnt be waiting too long and the cards come from Canada which you should be ok there also. Theres not much difference from the S9 apart from centrals and flow rates but other than that it gives you all the info you need. Good luck

DC

I just received the card reader today and downloaded my data to ResScan. It looks like the smart card saves the summary data and overwrites the detail data. I learned the hard way that ResScan defaults to downloading only the summary data, not the detail data. When I inserted the card again this morning and did the second download, I found that I only had the detail data for June 3-7, not the data from May 27-30. Oh well, I forgot what I wanted to look at from the old data anyway. Now I just need to learn how to read the graphs (I understand the summary data).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2012, 05:41 PM)big_dave Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 02:26 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: So far it holds 2 years worth of data for me. The reader from Israel took about 10 days to the UK so you shouldnt be waiting too long and the cards come from Canada which you should be ok there also. Theres not much difference from the S9 apart from centrals and flow rates but other than that it gives you all the info you need. Good luck

DC

I just received the card reader today and downloaded my data to ResScan. It looks like the smart card saves the summary data and overwrites the detail data. I learned the hard way that ResScan defaults to downloading only the summary data, not the detail data. When I inserted the card again this morning and did the second download, I found that I only had the detail data for June 3-7, not the data from May 27-30. Oh well, I forgot what I wanted to look at from the old data anyway. Now I just need to learn how to read the graphs (I understand the summary data).

Next time slide the write protect switch to the lock position. And remember to slide it back before inserting back into your machine.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,038 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 235 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.