Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data card question (ResMed S8)
RE: Data card question (ResMed S8)
(06-08-2012, 06:02 PM)Bobmac27 Wrote: Next time slide the write protect switch to the lock position. And remember to slide it back before inserting back into your machine.

This data card doesn't have a write protect switch. It is like a credit card with an embedded electronic chip, only smaller. I think the problem is caused by very limited data capacity, in the kilobyte range.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2012, 05:41 PM)big_dave Wrote: When I inserted the card again this morning and did the second download, I found that I only had the detail data for June 3-7, not the data from May 27-30.
The data available on the card 3-4 nights of efficacy data, 5 nights of high resolution row data and 365 nights of compliance data

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2012, 06:33 PM)big_dave Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 06:02 PM)Bobmac27 Wrote: Next time slide the write protect switch to the lock position. And remember to slide it back before inserting back into your machine.

This data card doesn't have a write protect switch. It is like a credit card with an embedded electronic chip, only smaller. I think the problem is caused by very limited data capacity, in the kilobyte range.

Sorry, I thought it was a standard SD memory card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Data card Help Needed!!

I am trying to help my buddy who has an S8 autoset vantage unit get up to speed on his cpap data. The problem that I have encountered is that the DME who took the card from him a few years ago never gave the card back to him (a few years ago). If anyone has a source where I can get him a data card (and a card reader if it is needed?) for his S8 autoset vantage I would greatly appriciate it. Please PM me where I might be able to obtain it.

Thanks Thanks in advance! Thanks
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier no. 10 has the data card. It's hard to find on their website unless you use the exact search phrase "ResMed S8 Series ResScan Data Cards". The data card reader is only available on eBay, from sellers located in Israel. The price ranges between $59 and $99.
Post Reply Post Reply
pssnn - Sending you a PM with the link and you can get the manual via email (scroll down to section three)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
big_dave and Zonk,

Thank you for the info. I have a bid on a card reader so I'll find out in a couple of days if I win it and the data card is on order from Supplier #10.

Thanks again guys!!!!!
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
The data card is NOT an SD card and yes you can buy them from ebay which I did a year ago.

On Rescan you can only get a few days that are detailed the rest are summary.

As for understanding what your looking at takes a wee bit of reading but you will soon pick it up. If you need anymore info on rescan S8's data cards or readers feel free to contact me Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-31-2012, 11:53 AM)big_dave Wrote: I switched to an S8 about a week ago and I am attempting to purchase a data card reader. This machine stores 4 or 5 days worth of detailed data, and I inserted the data card this morning. If I insert it again in a few days, does anyone know if the detailed data will accumulate, or if the data I captured this morning will be erased? I would have purchased an S9, but I got an outstanding deal on a used S8 that turned out to be a zero-hour machine.

What kind of data card?
I explained about the trouble I'm having sleeping. I have an S9 Escape. I was lent an S8 Auto II but the SD card I use doesn't seem to fit in the slot.
Post Reply Post Reply
The data card and the reader for the card of the S8 are not ordinary cards and readers. They are proprietary and hard to find now.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 232 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 250 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.