Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data card question (ResMed S8)
RE: Data card question (ResMed S8)
(11-14-2012, 11:59 AM)Ugly Wrote: What kind of data card?
I explained about the trouble I'm having sleeping. I have an S9 Escape. I was lent an S8 Auto II but the SD card I use doesn't seem to fit in the slot.

It uses a smart card, which is a 1980's technology that holds less data than a diskette. It has a chip about the size of a fingernail, embedded in credit card stock, although the S8 smart card is long and skinny, much smaller than a credit card.

If you have to give the machine back, setting it up to download the data will probably be more trouble than it's worth. I ordered the data card reader from an eBay seller located in Israel. It took two weeks to arrive, with no tracking. I ordered a data card from 1800CPAP (supplier no. 10 on the supplier list). The data card is buried on their website; search for ResMed S8 Series ResScan Data Cards. I would only recommend doing this if you're using the machine long-term.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2012, 12:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The data card and the reader for the card of the S8 are not ordinary cards and readers. They are proprietary and hard to find now.

Then how much data will it hold without the card?
Although I'm sure it would have been included if it was actually needed. Still it may have been an oversight.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine holds 4 nights worth of detailed data and several months (a year?) worth of summary data. I'm sure your provider is planning to collect it with a data card when you return the machine. The S8 data card works differently than the S9 data card. You only insert the data card briefly when you are ready to analyze the data; you do not leave it in the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or they gave him an older machine just to placate. Especially if they gave him the machine with no card. How else is he and they to know if it is doing any good or any different?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a video would show how to access the data on the S8. The manual is available via Email too
http://vimeo.com/19565675
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2012, 03:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Or they gave him an older machine just to placate. Especially if they gave him the machine with no card. How else is he and they to know if it is doing any good or any different?

The S8 erases the data card every time you insert it. It makes no difference whether they gave him a data card, or if they use one they keep in their office. It only holds a few KB of data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,051 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 249 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 236 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 480 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.