Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data card
Data card
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I have been using a CPAP for about 12 years. I noticed that there is software available to read data from the card in my REMSTAR Pro 2 C-Flex. My question is, how do I get the data off of the card and into my computer?

Thanks
Herb Warren
[email address removed for your protection]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data card
Hi Herb, welcome to Apnea Board!

I'm pretty sure that with an old REMstar Pro2, that uses the credit-card sized smart card and it will not work with the SleepyHead software, which is for newer machines.

You'll need the EncoreViewer 2.0 software along with a smartcard reader, or a copy of EncorePro (which is the clinician version, also needing the smartcard reader).

I know Supplier #1 on our CPAP Supplier List offers the software for about $99, but I'm not quite sure where you can get the smart card reader.

If anyone has suggestions on where to get the smartcard readers, please PM Herb with the info (remember commercial links not allowed in the forum).

PS - I removed your email address from your post - posting your email address in a public forum will invite spammers to send you junk email.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2012, 10:19 AM)HerbWarren Wrote: I noticed that there is software available to read data from the card in my REMSTAR Pro 2 C-Flex. My question is, how do I get the data off of the card and into my computer?

Thanks
Herb Warren
Hi Herb, welcome to the forum
Which Remstar Pro have you been using?
SleepyHead software (free source) support Phillips Respironcis System One but don,t support any older machines.

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Herb, Welcome! to the forum.! I'm not able to help you with your data card question but just keep checkin' back, as I'm sure there will b lots of suggestions for you here. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2012, 10:19 AM)HerbWarren Wrote: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I have been using a CPAP for about 12 years. I noticed that there is software available to read data from the card in my REMSTAR Pro 2 C-Flex. My question is, how do I get the data off of the card and into my computer?

Thanks
Herb Warren
[email address removed for your protection]

Hi HerbWarren! Welcome

If you just go to the Google search engine and type in Smart Card Reader you will come up with a lot of places to get a reader. However, you would have to find an old copy of Encore Pro. Like any software Encore has been updated over the years so be sure, if you go down this path and start spending money, that the version you get will support your machine. There also may be certain restrictions on what card reader the program will support. Wish I could help more, but I went from totally non-data machine to a totally up to date one so everything works as it should!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the replies

I will look for a smart card reader but really don't want to invest a lot of money.

Older machine? I have had this Remstar Pro 2 for 7 years only. The VA was to replace it, but then they told me since it is still working I could not get a replacement. Long story.

I think I was able to increase the pressure up a notch, from 7 to 8. I just got the manual and will check if I did it right.

Thanks again everyone,

Herb Warren
Post Reply Post Reply
Anyone knows if Onkor software support Respironcis previous machines or designed just for PR System One machines
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2012, 06:25 PM)HerbWarren Wrote: Older machine? I have had this Remstar Pro 2 for 7 years only.

That's very old for a CPAP machine. Five years is the age limit according to medicare, so most insurance companies follow this and will replace a machine when it's that old.

You could just tell the VA that the machine is not working properly and you need a new one. If you don't want to do that, you could check out the supplier list here on this forum and go to Supplier #2's website. They have some very gently used machines that won't cost you very much.

The cost will be worth the upgrade as CPAP machines have improved dramatically in the last seven years.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I could be wrong on this, but I thought I've heard that the VA (Veteran's Administration) follows Medicare guidelines for CPAP replacement, which is a new machine every 5 years.

Can any of you Vets confirm this for sure?

Might want to check into that and go to someone at the VA who actually has some authority - not just a lower-level health care worker. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 726 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 923 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.