Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR got my frontal lobotomy, suddenly doesn't know me. Please help
OSCAR got my frontal lobotomy, suddenly doesn't know me. Please help
Please, someone suggest how to fix this mess now and to mitigate future MS and W10 improvements that a misstep might bring?

OK, in a rash rush, brain dead, I hit the OFF button instead of shutting down properly. When restarted I had been helped: now, once happy with one, I have multiple desktops to choose from and add, shortcuts gone, task bar nearly emptied and the need to be searching and tunneling through menus to find user, programs and folders that used to be a click away. Sooo much MS help!! 

Not at all sharp on Windows, I thought there were Restore points and ini files that would revive you after crashes. No longer so, it seems.

I had switched to OSCAR painlessly and used it that way for several days. Now it doesn't know me; wants to start with a new profile, OSCAR being one of the icons present but not working on the desktop. Not its fault. It looks great, most immediately noticeable in my use was the desensitization of the once finicky tools for overriding and resetting Y-axis ranges and dotted lines in graphs.

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR got my frontal lobotomy, suddenly doesn't know me. Please help
When you log into Windows, is it telling you that you have a temporary profile? Or did you create a new profile (new login)? If new login, your old folders are located under C:\Users. There you will find all the user profiles.

You can click into your older profile name and you will see the Documents folder as well as your favorites, your old desktop, downloads etc. They can be copied to your new profile if you want to keep your new profile. The registry files are typically hidden but if you see ntuser.* files, not good to copy those. It probably won't let you over-write your current, in-use, ones but best not to try unless you want to create yet-another login.

It's easier to log into your older profile due to each user getting their own set of registry entries, application data folders etc but if that isn't an option you can look there for your stuff.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 383 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  OSCAR Doesn't Recognize Data Files Heaviside 1 201 02-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Heaviside
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 366 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,038 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.