Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data download directly from Remstar Pro C-Flex+ machine
Data download directly from Remstar Pro C-Flex+ machine
For some reason, my Remstar Pro C-Flex+ machine stopped writing to the SDCard recently. I know there is a way to download some of the recent data directly from the machine as my sleep doctor has done that before. I tried to look for some sort of USB port on the machine to let me connect it to the computer but I cannot find it. Does anyone know how the machine connects to a computer to allow for data download? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data download directly from Remstar Pro C-Flex+ machine
The 60 series has no data port other than the SD card.and a modem docking port that goes over the SD slot. Have you tried a new SD card?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@sleeprider Thanks for the reply. Are you saying if I put a new SDcard in the slot the machine will re-write any existing onboard data onto the new SDcard?

Also, this only happens once in a while. So I would like to keep use the existing SDcard if I can so I don't lose the historical data. Any idea if I can put a new SDcard in the slot to get the existing data (assuming this is what happens) and then re-insert the existing SDcard? I don't think it is the SDcard's problem. I think the machine is just wonky sometimes with writing to the SDcard. A recycle of power usually takes care of it. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your SD card is failing there may be any number of reasons, including forgetting to unlock the card. If you are using Sleepyhead, you have the data. If you keep the old card you have all the data. Everything that is important in terms of usage, AHI and settings will be written to the new card, and the 60 series stores nearly a year of data. I'm suggesting that you can put the new card in there and not lose anything. Your profile and post don't offer a hint about what you're trying to use the data for. SD cards wear out. It's best to replace them because a bad card can damage the SD card slot in the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I do have the old data since I have been in the habit of downloading the data using Encore every month. However, it looks like starting 11/26 the machine stopped writing to the SDcard. The SDcard is still ok as I can still read all the data on it since 2010! However, there is now a gap of data between 11/25 - 12/30 that I am trying to get directly off the machine. I tried sticking a new SDCard in the machine and it initiated the card but I don't see old data (11/26 - 12/29) getting written to the new SDCard. It just starts writing data for 12/30. Any ideas?

The reason I am trying to retain this data is for FAA Medical Certificate purpose. Having a gap of 34 days in the data is not ideal when I need to submit a whole years worth of data to them. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
The old data goes nowhere and will merge with the new data from a new card in Encore.  In Encore the data is stored by patient and machine serial number, so the important thing is to get the data writing again.  As I recall, you have to use the machine for the data to write.

I have a Philips System One 60 Series BiPAP Auto that has a broken SD card slot. For a while it worked when I wedged a SD card in place, but it quit completely. Your income depends on compliance and your machine is getting long in the tooth. I think if I were you I'd replace it.  You might want to consider a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset which would be more compact, includes a really professional travel case that will fit over the handle on your travel baggage and is a far more comfortable better machine. The old PRS1 CPAP will make a great back-up.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6303]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thanks for the info. I put in a new SDcard last night and it recorded last night's numbers but would not rewrite the historical numbers. So basically the numbers between 11/26-12/29 is now only on the machine and not on any SDCard or in Encore. I guess I'll just have to go into my sleep doc and get it pulled from the machine somehow.

And yes, the plan is to get a new machine as this machine is getting old! The Resmed does look quite nice. Thanks for the recommendation. Have a Happy New Year!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,432 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 273 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 551 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
  Any other option to download data from machine? BlueSky1958 2 459 07-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,089 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  Keep waking up while using CPAP machine, oscar data attached. bigmit2011 5 1,192 03-29-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.