Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data from First Night on VPAP AUTO
Data from First Night on VPAP AUTO
[attachment=669]

This is the data from my first night on my new machine. While I don't understand some of it yet, thought I would share it and see if the parts I am not familiar with show good results or too high, etc.

I understand leaks and AHI's, just not familiar with some other parts.
I will get it learned though.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data from First Night on VPAP AUTO
Hi me50,
I hope your first night on your new machine went well. Aside from the data, how do you feel this morning?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 11:09 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi me50,
I hope your first night on your new machine went well. Aside from the data, how do you feel this morning?

I woke up a few times but don't think it was due to the therapy. I actually feel good. I don't feel sleepy and hopefully, I can skip a nap today
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at those Numbers... WOOO HOOO AHI 0.0 Fantastic...
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 11:13 AM)me50 Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 11:09 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi me50,

I woke up a few times but don't think it was due to the therapy. I actually feel good. I don't feel sleepy and hopefully, I can skip a nap today
That's good to hear, I'm glad it went so well for you, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I like what I see, much nicer than my numbers, and I bet more comfortable for you too!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 04:25 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I like what I see, much nicer than my numbers, and I bet more comfortable for you too!

Thanks Peter_C.

I was glad that the AHI was 0 and that, for the first time that I know of in 3 years, my leaks have been at their lowest. Most of what is reported, I don't understand YET.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50 - what a beautiful set of numbers!! If you feel well and wake refreshed that is really good.

My understanding of some of the other numbers: respiratory rate is just the number of breaths you take per minute. Tidal volume is the volume of air you take in / out with each breath. The actual number will vary depending on your physical size, health of the lungs and how deeply you're breathing.

The minute ventilation is a measure of how much air you take in over a full minute. It's equal to the tidal volume times the respiration rate. It needs to be sufficient to allow your lungs to take in enough oxygen and expel carbon dioxide.

Without knowing your personal details, it looks like most of your numbers seem to be pretty much in the normal range for an average size person in good health. Note that I'm not a doctor - this is what I have learned from reading up on the subject.

http://anesthesiageneral.com/what-is-min...ntilation/

Good luck, and hope your therapy continues successfully.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 07:17 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi me50 - what a beautiful set of numbers!! If you feel well and wake refreshed that is really good.

My understanding of some of the other numbers: respiratory rate is just the number of breaths you take per minute. Tidal volume is the volume of air you take in / out with each breath. The actual number will vary depending on your physical size, health of the lungs and how deeply you're breathing.

The minute ventilation is a measure of how much air you take in over a full minute. It's equal to the tidal volume times the respiration rate. It needs to be sufficient to allow your lungs to take in enough oxygen and expel carbon dioxide.

Without knowing your personal details, it looks like most of your numbers seem to be pretty much in the normal range for an average size person in good health. Note that I'm not a doctor - this is what I have learned from reading up on the subject.

Good luck, and hope your therapy continues successfully.

Thanks for the info. I know my RT told me that respiration was how many breaths I take and he gave me a range that was "normal" but I already forgot what he said. I haven't read all the info he gave me so it could be in there. Then he said that MV (I think it was MV) was how deeply I breathed and he said something about tidal volume too but I don't remember what he said.

Glad to know my numbers look good because, as I mentioned, most of them I don't understand yet. I did promise not to make any changes until the compliance period and mainly I did that because I am smart enough not to make changes when I don't completely understand something. And, if they are watching my therapy and data then I won't need to make changes anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2014, 06:07 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 04:25 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I like what I see, much nicer than my numbers, and I bet more comfortable for you too!

Thanks Peter_C.

I was glad that the AHI was 0 and that, for the first time that I know of in 3 years, my leaks have been at their lowest. Most of what is reported, I don't understand YET.

Please, just don't gt hung up on chasing numbers. This is the one thing I fear about the 'young ones' (newbies) getting into the software; they get hooked on chasing numbers. 15yrs ago, the Doc never had reports to see, it was based off of his/her knowledge and my (the patient's) feelings about how they are sleeping.

My last study was 5-7yrs ago, it's been bout two months that my dream machine has been in auto mode, and bout 80% of the time the best setting for the night has been what my sleep doc *guessed* to put it at.

YES, the numbers are a good thing - but it's about *trends*, not day-by-day - so a 'bad' day is the same as a 'good' day if you only have one in a row - does this make sense?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 313 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,557 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.