Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data from First Night on VPAP AUTO
RE: Data from First Night on VPAP AUTO
(01-17-2014, 08:41 PM)Peter_C Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 06:07 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 04:25 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I like what I see, much nicer than my numbers, and I bet more comfortable for you too!

Thanks Peter_C.

I was glad that the AHI was 0 and that, for the first time that I know of in 3 years, my leaks have been at their lowest. Most of what is reported, I don't understand YET.

Please, just don't gt hung up on chasing numbers. This is the one thing I fear about the 'young ones' (newbies) getting into the software; they get hooked on chasing numbers. 15yrs ago, the Doc never had reports to see, it was based off of his/her knowledge and my (the patient's) feelings about how they are sleeping.

My last study was 5-7yrs ago, it's been bout two months that my dream machine has been in auto mode, and bout 80% of the time the best setting for the night has been what my sleep doc *guessed* to put it at.

YES, the numbers are a good thing - but it's about *trends*, not day-by-day - so a 'bad' day is the same as a 'good' day if you only have one in a row - does this make sense?

numbers are not the big issue but it helps to know what the stats mean so you know if you have a good day or bad day or if something is off. THat is why I will learn about all the things that were in the stats, like what 1:1.64 or 1:1.35 or 1:1.15 means. Mostly, I need to know about the mechanics of the data so I know that things are going well. The reason I watch the numbers weekly (I download daily so I don't forget) is mostly because I had no morning headaches or typical symptoms of apnea that others talk about so I will look at the weekly stats to see if there is something I need to check out or ask about until I learn more about my new machine. Good thing is that I am looking forward to going to bed and sleeping now.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at my machine to see the run hours on it. It only has 18. I know this is a new machine. I am almost 100% positive the one I got from Apria was not a new machine as it had over 300 run hours when I got it (actually it was probably closer to 500 but I can't remember the exact hours now and I erased all the data before they picked it up yesterday). One more feather in my new DME's cap!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 11:33 AM)me50 Wrote: I was looking at my machine to see the run hours on it. It only has 18. I know this is a new machine. I am almost 100% positive the one I got from Apria was not a new machine as it had over 300 run hours when I got it (actually it was probably closer to 500 but I can't remember the exact hours now and I erased all the data before they picked it up yesterday). One more feather in my new DME's cap!

Sounds like they sent you the last one in stock... The DEMO machine... Newly Used....lol Jerks

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-18-2014, 11:44 AM)ChadIAm Wrote:
(01-18-2014, 11:33 AM)me50 Wrote: I was looking at my machine to see the run hours on it. It only has 18. I know this is a new machine. I am almost 100% positive the one I got from Apria was not a new machine as it had over 300 run hours when I got it (actually it was probably closer to 500 but I can't remember the exact hours now and I erased all the data before they picked it up yesterday). One more feather in my new DME's cap!

Sounds like they sent you the last one in stock... The DEMO machine... Newly Used....lol Jerks

I am so happy that I got a new machine this time. If I have to pay $41 per month I expect a new machine and I got one. The hours on this new machine are the ones from me sleeping for 2 nights and what the RT put on it while showing me things about it. What a welcome change.

Last night I didn't sleep as well as the night before. I had trouble breathing through my nose and was too lazy to get up and use my nasal spray. The only thing I did different last night was to hang my hose on the wall but I can't imagine that causing a clogged nose.

I did wake up at 1:30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep for about 3 hours. Not sure why that happened but it beats waking up every 2 hours like I have in the past. I still got in 7 hours but not consecutively which is what my goal is. Fragmented sleep and not consecutive sleep is not a good thing.

BUT, as I said, it is better than it was before I got the auto set and then the wisp and chin strap. This new machine will take a little time to get adjusted to but I don't think I am having trouble with that part; I think it is something else but I don't know what that something is. Anyway, I am very encouraged by this new machine.

Today, I changed my humidifier settings and changed cushion sizes to see how that does tonight.

[attachment=671]
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night, I turned on the leak alarm. I had gotten up during the night and went back to bed about 5:30 AM. Right after that, there was a series of leaks lasting to almost 7 AM and the leak alarm didn't go off. During that same time, I had 9 events which I discount because of the leaks.

Also, can someone look at the data I am posting and tell me if you can tell what my beginning and ending EPAP and IPAP pressures are. Can someone explain to me what the I:E Ratio means or where to find out what it is telling me?

I did have some issues with my nose being stopped up so I used a nasal spray and also changed my humidifier to 86 and 4.

Thanks.

[attachment=672]
Post Reply Post Reply
i don't know the answer, but I gotta say the numbers look pretty sweet to me Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 11:53 PM)Peter_C Wrote: i don't know the answer, but I gotta say the numbers look pretty sweet to me Smile

Thanks Peter_C. I have a lot to learn about this machine but I like having all this info and someday, I will know what it all means. I do know that my MV, TV, and all that looks good. For now, all I have changed is my humidity and temperature and turned on the high leak alarm but I know it is working b/c I was drying out my climate line and it went off but it is pretty quiet so I am not sure I would hear it if I am sleeping. we didn't hear it early this morning when there was a cluster of leaks. Not a big issue though, especially if it didn't wake us up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 0 23 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,244 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.