Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data from REMstar Auto A-Flex 560P into Oscar-2 parts
Question 
Data from REMstar Auto A-Flex 560P into Oscar-2 parts
1-    I just started using an old Respironics System 1, REMstar Auto A-Flex, Model 560P.  It is about 7 years old.  It does have a SD Card slot and a card(1GB) inserted.  It had been running in CPAP mode at a constant 9.0 cm H2O, but I am now running it in Auto mode 6.0 min. Does this unit record data that can be read into Oscar?

2-  The machine menu does show hours, settings, day over 4, over 7, machine hours, etc. But, I downloaded Oscar, created a profile, and everything seems ready.  When I insert the SD card from the machine, the computer recognizes it as drive E and begins downloading.  Afterwards, Oscar shows no data.  Either the machine is not recording anything (can this be toggled on/off?), or I am not doing something right.  I accepted the default storage locations when I installed Oscar, but it looks like there is nothing on SD card?  When i first insert card, it asks me to choose what happens?  When i try to configure storage options, it says E:\  directory is invalid.  Could SD card be bad or corrupt?

Please advise
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data from REMstar Auto A-Flex 560P into Oscar-2 parts
1. Yes, OSCAR can read data from the 560P. It's possible that the currently released version (1.0.1-r2) has some bugs that have since been fixed, but I think it should mostly work.

2. Does OSCAR say that it imported any sessions when it's done? It should tell you how many it imported, if everything is working.

If there's an SD card in your machine while in use, it will record to the SD card. As I recall, there's a way on your CPAP to check whether the SD card is locked or not, and how full it is. What do those tell you?

When you "try to configure storage options" do you mean in OSCAR or on your CPAP?

It's quite possible your SD card is either locked (more likely) or formatted something other than FAT (less likely), which might be confusing your CPAP. Your machine does have some internal memory, so once you put in a suitable SD card, it will write what it remembers to the card. You should at least see summary data including hours of usage for each day that you used it.
Post Reply Post Reply
#2 It does NOT say it imported any sessions.  my guess is the SD card is bad?

#3 Yes the SD card was in machine while it was running.  Has not been removed in years till just recently.  The physical switch on the card is in the unlocked position. With card in CPAP, scroll to info/SD card status, the display says card is unlocked and 97% free.  When I push therapy, machine turns on and there is a symbol of a SD card in lower left corner and the pressure is displayed (6.0cm h2o).  It looks to me like it is recording.

"When you "try to configure storage options" do you mean in OSCAR or on your CPAP?
 When the SD card is inserted in laptop/PC, a window pops up asking where you want the card data transferred to. i get an error message on the PC saying "E:\  directory is invalid"

How can I tell if the SD card is good other than just replace it?  If I replace it, all my data will be lost.  Maybe I will just go buy another card and put it in the machine and run it overnite again?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
#2, so OSCAR is not importing anything. If you go to Help > Show Debug Pane, do you see lots of error messages while it's reading the SD card, or does it look like it isn't finding anything at all?

#3, the machine should be writing to your card, given that it's unlocked and has some notion of how much space is used.

The "directory is invalid" message is surprising. What version of Windows do you have that's prompting you to copy the data as soon as you insert the card?

What happens if you choose not to copy anything but instead show the files and folders? Can you otherwise navigate to E:\?

If the SD card is indeed bad, somebody here may have some experience with data recovery tools that can help you recover what's on it.

If you insert a blank SD card into your machine, it will write everything it remembers to the new SD card. If I recall correctly, that will include hours of usage perhaps since the beginning, some number of days of detailed events (30? 90?), and maybe a few days (1? 5?) of flow waveform data. Whenever the card is in the machine when in use, it will write all of that information for that session, and it won't ever delete it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yessss. the SD card READER on the Laptop i am using is bad. My work computer has a slot as well. i downloaded Oscar to it and got a good import this time. Will start reviewing it now. Thanks a bunch for the advise!

Do you know anything about the Flash Air SD Cards mentioned elsewhere on this forum? They apparently can transfer the data from the machine's SD card over WiFi to another computer/device without being removed from the machine. i will have to figure out what is wrong with this SD reader. looks like some of these Flash Air cards are $50-100
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't personally have experience with them. I'd look through the existing threads on Flash Air cards, and ask any questions about them there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Carby,
FlashAir requirements;  You must be within 30 feet (9.2 meters) of a Wi-Fi access point and a card size no larger than 32Gb. Actually any card size below the 32Gb limit for the best price is the preferred one.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.