Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data handling for VERY low SpO2 reading on Viatom product.
RE: Data handling for VERY low SpO2 reading on Viatom product.
Thank you, that will be a big help!
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries, let me know if you need anything else.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2021, 01:07 PM)Ratchick Wrote: Stacey, I assume this was meant to go in my other post? It's more a case of I don't want to be fobbed off with O2 and CPAP/APAP because then even if I have apneas, my oxygen levels are okay and also because it's one of those things... I guess because I have SO much else wrong with me, and I just... I'm tired, you know? I'm tired of being sick, of being bedbound since my mid-thirties. To have been too sick to work since my twenties. I already have a laundry list of things that are wrong with me, and honestly, not only do I not want to need oxygen, but I would genuinely feel like a fraud. I've had to fight tooth and nail for every single diagnosis, and even then, I've had my symptoms brushed aside or minimised, by toxic family, condescending a-hole doctors who think women are nothing by hysterical attention whores, so-called friends, etc... So yeah. I'm just tired and don't want just to have oxygen thrown at me without proper therapy with ASV or whatnot. That's all.

Every country is different.  
Sometimes I think that people have faced the same challenges I have, and I comment without knowing the facts. I try not to do that now.  

I left another forum when some troll went after me because I couldn't know so little if I had been compliant so long.

I wake up in the morning. Realize that I'm awake and I'm glad! I try  and rejoice because it happened.

Hang in there. It's so good to see yo posting. Every time you have commented on my posts I've learned something. Ratchick I appreciate knowing you here and look forward to more posts. (I bought an iWatch 6.  I wanted ECG and blood oxygen levels, but guess what. BREATHE is the best feature. I push the button and follow the prompts and breath.  And I feel better. Darn thing makes me feel better. Glad I bought it.)

Breathing is good. Always makes me feel better.  

We care. I care.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave - you're the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found this on the Viatom/Wellue site:
OXYGEN LEVEL RANGE  70%-99%  (0x46 - 0x63)
PULSE RATE RANGE  30 to 250 bpm (0x1e - 0xfa)
(I added the hex values)

It might be a good idea to put logic in that would address a value, this is outside the reporting envelope.
With Ratchick able to get down to 61% (0x3d) before a problem, there must be some padding built in.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I have some Viatom housekeeping on my list, now that I have additional sample data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can confirm my O2Ring (branded Wellue) does something similar. My readings bottom out at 70% but if I go below that OSCAR seems to be graphing a 0xff. Here's a sample graph showing the effect from a bad period pre-CPAP-treatment.

BTW the O2Ring has another quirk: it writes a data record every 2 seconds but in fact it only samples every 4 seconds. Every other data point is a duplicate. OSCAR seems to handle this just fine, it doesn't cause any real problems I've noticed.
Post Reply Post Reply
The newer ViHealth app, versions 2.63 and newer, now record every 4 seconds.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2021, 05:13 PM)NelsonM Wrote: I can confirm my O2Ring (branded Wellue) does something similar. My readings bottom out at 70% but if I go below that OSCAR seems to be graphing a 0xff. Here's a sample graph showing the effect from a bad period pre-CPAP-treatment.

Could you send some sample files with that behavior to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

Ideally we'd like the O2Ring files themselves, along with a PDF from the ViHealth desktop app or screenshot from the mobile app, so that we can see how they interpret those values.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I may recommend that the PulsebitO2.db file be included as well. This is the database that the binary files are generated from.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 22 3,115 04-14-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  OSCAR import of Viatom/Wellue data - DST time base SleeperAwake21 5 925 03-30-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dfunk
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 243 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
Question Displaying more data from viatom/Wellue in the summary panel ? croc297 2 160 03-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,342 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Help reading program Aeonmed AS100A Autocpap ZaidAddenis 1 182 03-08-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 334 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.