Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data, how am I doing?
Data, how am I doing?
Mean pressure, leakage and ahi (first, second, third columns). Sorry for the awkward display.

Day 1 8.2 33.2 1.6
Day 2 7.1 31 1.0
Day 3 6.9 29.0 3.2
Day 4 5.3 24 0.2
Day 5 6.6 28 1.0
Day 6 7.6 32.8 0.3
Day 7 5.9 26.0 2.0
Day 8 5.4 24 0.0
Day 9 5.0 24 0.0
Day 10 7.2 30 2.0
Day 11 7.4 31.0 3.7
Day 12 6.9 34 6
Day 13 6.9 27.5 5.1
Day 14 7.5 26.2 8.5
Day 15 5.9 18.9 1.5
Day 16 7.3 19 6

Day 15 and 16 were bad days. Very little mask wearing (lost it on day 16 in sleep and could not wear it on day 15 for more than a little while). Day 14, started wearing P10 nasal pillows instead of my regular nasal mask. Day 13, woke with nasal mask pressed up against nose, couldn't breathe which woke me. Have been wearing nasal mask quite loose on Days 12 and 13, as I finally got used to it. Perhaps too loose?

Also: average values (I think) over these days:

P95: 10.3
P90: 9.7
ARDI: 9.7
AHI: 2.7

Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data, how am I doing?
Your numbers don't look too bad Visitor. You only had one day that your ahi was above 5, so that's good. It looks like you just need to give it some time to develop a little consistency.

The day you said you used the P10 has a higher ahi number but that could simply be adjusting to the mask. What size pillows are you using? You might slide up a size just to see if that helps with the seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks retired guy. Pressure will be increased from 4 to 6 soon if 4 keeps giving me trouble (as it has so far). Hopefully my breathing troubles will abate.

--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
What 'mean pressure' actually means?
My machine report 95th percentile pressure which means pressure was at or below this number for 95% of the night. Numbers by themselves don,t tell me great deal or the whole pictures, i need to have a look at the download and see how much time actually spent at this pressure or leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk. How can I upload the files in a message to show graphs etc?

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
One easy way, especially if you do it in a few different forums

Join this site
http://tinypic.com

When you upload there, you can make your own album names but more importantly you can resize your photo for whatever you need it whether it be email or a forum.........for here, a forum, i resize for MESSAGE BOARD SIZE

So as you see from the screenshot, once you have joined the site, click on the button, CHOOSE FILE that leads you to the picture you want to upload, thenBeside it you will see a button that says RESIZE
Click on that RESIZE and you will be given a choice of email, message board, etc....for forums you want to press on MESSAGE BOARD so it will resize it to the right size needed for this board.
Or you could do THUMBNAIL so one can click on it and see the bigger picture.
Whatever you prefer.

Then below that you will see a button that says UPLOAD....click on that and the box beside it will offer you all the names of the albums you have there but if you need a new one, just go to the bottom of the list and create a new one and type in the name of that album you want that one to be. Than press UPLOAD

Once its uploaded, all you do is click on the picture you want and at the left of it you will see where it says EMAIL or MESSAGE BOARD
and it will have an url that looks something like this
(IMG)http://i62.tinypic.com/10zwy9j.jpg(/IMG)

I have changed the brackets from square ones to round ones so it won't actually post a photo but where you see MESSAGE BOARD and the url underneath it, you simply copy the url and then paste it right into this post, exactly where you want it to show up and it will but because you have resized it, it will sit properly, otherwise many can be too big or too small, etc

[Image: zssitx.jpg]

[Image: 28k3ehd.jpg]

There are other ways but since i upload a lot of photos to other forums, I just find this one to be the best so i don't have to fiddle around with Photoshop or some editing program to resize it correctly etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Shelagh!

Hopefully this will give better info to provide feedback on.

[Image: 261e1rk.jpg]

[Image: 2011y69.jpg]

[Image: 5vcadw.jpg]

[Image: 2hd4nec.jpg]

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2014, 12:28 PM)Visitor Wrote: Hopefully this will give better info to provide feedback on.

Hi Visitor,

I would suggest you consider continuing to raise the minimum (6) slowly (1 or 2 cm H2O per week or slower), and watch the AHI, to see whether AHI gets better or worse.

The table you posted a picture of shows that your machine is being limited by its max pressure setting (12) for some portion of the night a little more often than about every second night

So, you could also consider raising the maximum (12) very slowly (0.5 or 1 cm H2O per week or more slowly). But I suggest not changing two things at once. Change Min Pressure or change Max Pressure, not both in the same week.

Raising the minimum pressure (6) is considered mostly a comfort thing which has little risk of increasing the AHI, and could improve AHI, especially when the mean (average) pressure is more than 1 or 2 cm H2O higher than the minimum pressure.

But raising the maximum pressure (12) can cause central apneas (in a small minority of patients), so proceed more cautiously when raising the maximum, in consultation with your doctor if feasible.

If you had overnight sleep studies, it would be very good to ask for full copies (with full data and everything) for your own records, and to look over the data to see how many central apneas were observed, especially when being treated with CPAP.

Unless your machine can detect the difference between obstructive apneas versus central apneas, you might not be able to tell the difference, even when looking carefully over the waveform data the machine gathers. But at least one type of central apnea (Cheyne-Stokes Respiration) can be easily spotted by looking closely at the Flow waveform.

By the way, "Flow" refers to the rate of airflow in our airway (the portion actually inhaled or exhaled), not the total airflow in the hose.

Also, does your machine offer exhale pressure relief? If yes, do you know whether it is like EPR on ResMed machines, which is like bi-level treatment, or like Flex on Philips Respironics machines, which is based on Flow (goes away when we stop exhaling and there is no Flow)? The ResMed kind of exhale pressure relief is associated with higher risk of inducing central apneas (in the small minority of patients who are susceptible to having central apneas).

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Vaughn,

Recommended mask leakage for Breas IsleepI20 is 20-40 liters/min at 10 cmH2O
Minimum leakage: 12 liters/min at 4 cmH2O

So leakage seems normal. It's the AHI that seems high at times. It was 4 last night (not recorded on the posted graphs).

I don't think it provides EPR, but am not sure (and the DME seemed to say it did when I asked).

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Dreamstation CPAP vs Aircurve BiPap data? Data over time for Insp/Exp? Desiree 12 2,281 05-20-2020, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  IF I insert an SD card to get data for Sleepyhead will my ResMed still send data theMezz 3 2,072 04-20-2018, 07:52 PM
Last Post: theMezz
  Data viewer for 960 BiPAP AutoSV / Missing data pswartz 5 4,059 10-06-2014, 02:31 PM
Last Post: pswartz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.