Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data interpretation
I have a new Intellipap auto. Last night's readings are below:

Usage Data
Last 90 Days Last 30 Days Last 7 Days Last Day
% Days at least 4 hours 100%
Day Count 1
Days at least 4 hours 1
95th Percentile Pressure 11.0
90th Percentile Pressure 10.5
AHI 6.0
Pressure Plateau Time 0%
Leak Time 0%
NRI 0.25
EPI 1
SmartCode F82F-FEF-3AMN

While Breathing Hours Last Day 6.6

What does this data tell me? Do I need to change anything? I have the apap pressure set at 8-16. Should the upper level be lowered to 12? I woke up during the night and the machine seemed to be running noisily at an excessive pressure. I had to ramp down to get back to sleep.

Codger
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a good idea to keep an APAP within range of your needs. Going by that one night of data, 11 was your highest so 12 might be a good idea.

BUT, this is one night's worth of data. You need much more than that before you start changing things. Making a change now is not a good idea. Give it 2 weeks then look for trends. For example, you're going to see that AHI slowly come down. Your goal is 5 or less but it doesn't always happen immediately.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2012, 11:13 AM)codger Wrote: Do I need to change anything? I have the apap pressure set at 8-16. Should the upper level be lowered to 12?
Codger
the manual for the IntelliPAP is available via Email (scroll down to section three for the instruction)
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

I would do nothing. it makes no difference lowering max pressure as the Pressure plateau time is 0% which is percentage of time therapy was at the max pressure. the 90/95P (10.5/11) indicate the therapy pressure was AT or BELOW for 90/95% of usage time

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick [Treatment] SH Data Interpretation Advice Needed Pls FancyPants 4 178 02-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  New CPAP User Looking for Sleepyhead Data Interpretation pcplus2 5 445 02-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Why does Sleepyhead data not match my machine's data? Ihaveapnea 8 508 01-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Ihaveapnea
  Flow Rate Interpretation nadprok 2 336 11-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Last Post: nadprok
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,730 09-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  Interpretation of Apneas Tied to Mask Leaks ronsch00 5 575 06-27-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Sleepyhead interpretation & DreamStation Settings for Mask Type & Flex? Seajayh 6 1,123 05-27-2016, 08:40 PM
Last Post: pupcamper