Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

Data link question
I've been using a ResMed VPAP S for about 4 years.
I'd like to access the data and be able to display it.
I have ResScan 4.3 software.
My machine appears to have a data port in the back -- I do not see a data card. I'm thinking I need some sort of proprietary data cable.
What do I need; and where can I get it?

Mongo

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-11-2013 10:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sevensox Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: REMstar Auto A-Flex
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask LG STD 60604
Humidifier: System One Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 16.7
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

RE: Data link question
Hi justMongo
Welcome to the site.
What your looking at is a standard SD card port. Kinda like the one on your camera or some smart phones. There are a variety in the sizes but get the largest you can. Then you will need
a SD card reader to convert the SD card to a USB port input for your computer. Mine has a brand name on it of Targus but their are others. Hope this helps.
Lee
09-11-2013 11:14 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)

I'm not really seeing an SD type port. Looks more like an interface.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-11-2013 11:39 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(09-11-2013 10:16 AM)justMongo Wrote:  I've been using a ResMed VPAP S for about 4 years.
My machine appears to have a data port in the back -- I do not see a data card. I'm thinking I need some sort of proprietary data cable.

Mongo

I am not completely sure I understand your question but I am willing to give it a shot. With my camera (I have an SD card but only for storage purposes), I take the cable that came with it and plug it into the camera and the other end into the USB port and then I tell it to transfer the photos to my laptop. I would think you could do the same thing with your machine with the proper cable and ask it to transfer it to your data software. I am just guessing that it would work the same way. Sorry I am not more knowledgeable. You could go to a computer store and tell them what you are trying to do and see what they tell you (or you could do like I do to save gas and my time, I call them first). Sure hope this helps you a little bit.
09-11-2013 11:59 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

(09-11-2013 11:59 AM)me50 Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 10:16 AM)justMongo Wrote:  I've been using a ResMed VPAP S for about 4 years.

Mongo

I am not completely sure I understand your question but I am willing to give it a shot. With my camera (I have an SD card but only for storage purposes), I take the cable that came with it and plug it into the camera and the other end into the USB port and then I tell it to transfer the photos to my laptop. I would think you could do the same thing with your machine with the proper cable and ask it to transfer it to your data software. I am just guessing that it would work the same way. Sorry I am not more knowledgeable. You could go to a computer store and tell them what you are trying to do and see what they tell you (or you could do like I do to save gas and my time, I call them first). Sure hope this helps you a little bit.

I tried to post photos using the HTML IMG tag; but the forum blocked me because I have too few posts. Perhaps, I can post them later.

I am very familiar with SD cards since I'm a techie; and there's no way I'm looking at an SD card or port.

09-11-2013 12:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Let me try this with a photo attachment of the data port area of my machine.
[attachment=474][attachment=474]

09-11-2013 12:30 PM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

I found it.. I need a special data card. Provider #10 sells it.
Perhaps I need a more modern BiPAP machine?

09-11-2013 01:24 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Paptillian Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Swift FX
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 10, EPR x2
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

I was going to say that you need a ResLink module (S8 ResLink if it's an S8 VPAP S... there are two versions of ResLink):
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Then you can plug a SmartMedia card into that.

I would first find out what kind of data you can expect to get out of it. If it's just compliance data, that won't help you much. If the ResLink kit costs a lot, I would say better to put that money toward a new machine.

Also, try to find out of if ResScan can read it. I saw in an S8 brochure the mention of a different software called "AutoScan."
09-11-2013 01:29 PM
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi justMongo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Do you have an S8 model VPAP? The reason I'm asking is because I think the S8 models use a different type of card and the readers are farily expensive..
Hang in there and someone who knows more about this will be able to help you solve this riddle.
Best of luck to you.

trish6hundred
09-11-2013 02:07 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

(09-11-2013 12:15 PM)justMongo Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 11:59 AM)me50 Wrote:  

Mongo

I tried to post photos using the HTML IMG tag; but the forum blocked me because I have too few posts. Perhaps, I can post them later.

I am very familiar with SD cards since I'm a techie; and there's no way I'm looking at an SD card or port.

the usb port I am speaking of would be on your computer/laptop.
09-11-2013 02:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,409 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  SD Card Data Question icyura10 4 478 08-15-2016 01:04 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 595 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
Question [split] Question About Compliance Data BreatheBetter 2 341 05-12-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Question on Sleepyhead data Dagmar1 5 461 04-17-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: palerider
  Data storage question for S9 users Dawei 7 496 03-31-2016 09:09 PM
  Question re: SleepyHead data pattern jmpower4 7 873 03-20-2016 05:21 PM