Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data link question
Data link question
I've been using a ResMed VPAP S for about 4 years.
I'd like to access the data and be able to display it.
I have ResScan 4.3 software.
My machine appears to have a data port in the back -- I do not see a data card. I'm thinking I need some sort of proprietary data cable.
What do I need; and where can I get it?

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data link question
Hi justMongo
Welcome to the site.
What your looking at is a standard SD card port. Kinda like the one on your camera or some smart phones. There are a variety in the sizes but get the largest you can. Then you will need
a SD card reader to convert the SD card to a USB port input for your computer. Mine has a brand name on it of Targus but their are others. Hope this helps.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not really seeing an SD type port. Looks more like an interface.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2013, 10:16 AM)justMongo Wrote: I've been using a ResMed VPAP S for about 4 years.
My machine appears to have a data port in the back -- I do not see a data card. I'm thinking I need some sort of proprietary data cable.

Mongo

I am not completely sure I understand your question but I am willing to give it a shot. With my camera (I have an SD card but only for storage purposes), I take the cable that came with it and plug it into the camera and the other end into the USB port and then I tell it to transfer the photos to my laptop. I would think you could do the same thing with your machine with the proper cable and ask it to transfer it to your data software. I am just guessing that it would work the same way. Sorry I am not more knowledgeable. You could go to a computer store and tell them what you are trying to do and see what they tell you (or you could do like I do to save gas and my time, I call them first). Sure hope this helps you a little bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2013, 11:59 AM)me50 Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 10:16 AM)justMongo Wrote: I've been using a ResMed VPAP S for about 4 years.

Mongo

I am not completely sure I understand your question but I am willing to give it a shot. With my camera (I have an SD card but only for storage purposes), I take the cable that came with it and plug it into the camera and the other end into the USB port and then I tell it to transfer the photos to my laptop. I would think you could do the same thing with your machine with the proper cable and ask it to transfer it to your data software. I am just guessing that it would work the same way. Sorry I am not more knowledgeable. You could go to a computer store and tell them what you are trying to do and see what they tell you (or you could do like I do to save gas and my time, I call them first). Sure hope this helps you a little bit.

I tried to post photos using the HTML IMG tag; but the forum blocked me because I have too few posts. Perhaps, I can post them later.

I am very familiar with SD cards since I'm a techie; and there's no way I'm looking at an SD card or port.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Let me try this with a photo attachment of the data port area of my machine.
[attachment=474][attachment=474]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it.. I need a special data card. Provider #10 sells it.
Perhaps I need a more modern BiPAP machine?
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I was going to say that you need a ResLink module (S8 ResLink if it's an S8 VPAP S... there are two versions of ResLink):
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Then you can plug a SmartMedia card into that.

I would first find out what kind of data you can expect to get out of it. If it's just compliance data, that won't help you much. If the ResLink kit costs a lot, I would say better to put that money toward a new machine.

Also, try to find out of if ResScan can read it. I saw in an S8 brochure the mention of a different software called "AutoScan."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justMongo,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Do you have an S8 model VPAP? The reason I'm asking is because I think the S8 models use a different type of card and the readers are farily expensive..
Hang in there and someone who knows more about this will be able to help you solve this riddle.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2013, 12:15 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 11:59 AM)me50 Wrote:

Mongo

I tried to post photos using the HTML IMG tag; but the forum blocked me because I have too few posts. Perhaps, I can post them later.

I am very familiar with SD cards since I'm a techie; and there's no way I'm looking at an SD card or port.

the usb port I am speaking of would be on your computer/laptop.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate dstone5 2 500 02-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dstone5
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added UncollapseMeThroat 28 5,999 03-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sunnyside
  Link between pressure setting and periodic breathing? daryl314 7 1,234 03-08-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.