Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data on sd card question
RE: Data on sd card question
You can just take the SDCard to the doctor IF he has a program to read it -- I would have expected all the sleep docs to have at least the manufacterer's program but apparently some do not.

Put the card back in the machine each time before you use it so that the DETAIL will be recorded.

I also noticed today (but haven't totally proven) that if you sleep for a nap, load the data, then sleep again (with SDCard in machine) and load the data you must choose OVERWRITE.

Otherwise ResCan apparently will not load any more data for the SAME DAY.

This is an exception to what we discussed in another thread. I had a heck of a time getting SleepyHead to load the rest of the data (for same day); I believe that eventually I PURGED data for the selected (last) day and then it loaded there too.

Just be aware that if you load data before "finishing a day's sleep" you may have to work to load the REST of the sleep data for that SAME DAY.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 02:28 PM)kerm007 Wrote: can i put back the data to the sd or the doctor cannot see it after i put back the sd in the machine ?

Thanks
Yes, see post #3 for the information
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks to all

well I use rescan and the resmed s9 machine

Saturday I decide to download from the card to my pc and when I put back the card I get a message asking to reformat or something like that reload I say yes and then im not sure if the old stuff since I start the therapy still there

Any help ?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you lock the SD card before inserting it into your PC. To lock the SD card, toggle the little switch on the side of the card to the pad lock icon. Remember to unlock the card before inserting it back into your S9 cpap machine.

Windows 8 and Macs are known to write files onto the SD card, and the S9 cpap machine hates those files (the existence of these files will trigger the S9 to reformat the SD card).
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 07:39 PM)kerm007 Wrote: Saturday I decide to download from the card to my pc and when I put back the card I get a message asking to reformat or something like that reload I say yes and then im not sure if the old stuff since I start the therapy still there

Any help ?

Thanks
When you put back the SD card, the machine overwrite the old data and write fresh summary data and statistics data back on the card up to 365 days. Detailed data will be lost, detailed data written directly on the card and not stored in the machine internal memory but not a problem as you downloaded the data on your computer. Locking the card prior to downloading is recommended, the machine would remind you if you forget to unlock the card. Sometimes the card reader might be faulty and not recognizing the card is locked

Post Reply Post Reply
Lock it but my 8.1 machine is NOT messing up the card in any way -- after 16 days of doing this (some days multiple times.)

If you format the card then you are starting over -- you might be able to keep the data already stored in the PC program
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 02:55 PM)herbm Wrote: I also noticed today (but haven't totally proven) that if you sleep for a nap, load the data, then sleep again (with SDCard in machine) and load the data you must choose OVERWRITE.

No, in ResScan all you have to do is delete the session if you download and then take a nap or go back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would likely work too (delete in Rescan) but Overwrite was easier and worked as well.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2014, 10:53 PM)herbm Wrote: That would likely work too (delete in Rescan) but Overwrite was easier and worked as well.

when you overwrite, you lose data that you had previously downloaded.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2014, 05:10 AM)me50 Wrote:
(02-17-2014, 10:53 PM)herbm Wrote: That would likely work too (delete in Rescan) but Overwrite was easier and worked as well.

when you overwrite, you lose data that you had previously downloaded.

That didn't happen and apparently doesn't happen with my unit/card/Rescan.

The only think it did was update the day where I had partial data.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 234 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
  [Equipment] SD card question and mask leak issue when side sleeping KingsIndian 1 431 10-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 670 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.