Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: simplus
Humidifier: h5i
CPAP Pressure: 17/13
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Question Data question
Hi ,newbie here 3rd nite with machine,a little overwhelmed lot of questions coming ,but for now: I changed setting on machine from limited to full access { problem ? } downloaded ResScan will i corrupt or alter anything by using this? will DR. have prob. with this ? THANK YOU for ALL THE HELP Huhsign[/font]
04-05-2014 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
JimZZZ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: ResMed H5i (not using)
CPAP Pressure: 9 - 14

Other Comments: CareFusion PureSom Ultra Chinstrap

RE: Data question
To safely use the data card, simply move the slide switch on the side of the card to the locked position before you insert it in the card reader of your computer. To be ultra safe you can turn the S9 off by holding the start/stop switch down for three seconds before removing the card. And don't worry about the doctor because the S9 keeps summary data internally and will write it back to the card if you somehow corrupt the card. People who are running Windows 8.1 (like me) have discovered that Windows writes a couple of files on the card if it is inserted in the unlocked position. If that happens (and it will), not to worry because when you put it back in the S9, the S9 will erase the card and rewrite the data from internal memory to the card.

Being a fairly new user, I recently worked through the same concerns about getting scolded by the doctor but found I actually had no problem.

By the way, I found SleepyHead to be easier to use than ResScan and it gives me all the information I need to monitor my therapy. It can be downloaded free from the following link.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...e/download
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 09:06 AM by JimZZZ.)
04-05-2014 08:57 AM
trish6hundred Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

Hi nite ranger,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, feel freee to ask as many questions as you need to help you understand all things CPAP and best of luck to you with yourtherapy.

trish6hundred
04-05-2014 09:31 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(04-05-2014 08:57 AM)JimZZZ Wrote:  To safely use the data card, simply move the slide switch on the side of the card to the locked position before you insert it in the card reader of your computer. To be ultra safe you can turn the S9 off by holding the start/stop switch down for three seconds before removing the card. And don't worry about the doctor because the S9 keeps summary data internally and will write it back to the card if you somehow corrupt the card. People who are running Windows 8.1 (like me) have discovered that Windows writes a couple of files on the card if it is inserted in the unlocked position. If that happens (and it will), not to worry because when you put it back in the S9, the S9 will erase the card and rewrite the data from internal memory to the card.

Being a fairly new user, I recently worked through the same concerns about getting scolded by the doctor but found I actually had no problem.

By the way, I found SleepyHead to be easier to use than ResScan and it gives me all the information I need to monitor my therapy. It can be downloaded free from the following link.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...e/download

I didn't know you could shut down the machine that way -- Hey, thanks.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-05-2014 10:33 AM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

First, if you put the SD Card back in the machine after Windows (etc.) writes extra files the machine will NOT automatically erase the card -- it will OFFER to do so and you can just remove the card.

Once back in your computer you can remove those files -- we'll help.

You CAN allow the machine to erase and re-write the files on the card, but that is YOUR CHOICE.

Opening up your machine to allow making clinical settings means nothing.

Unless you actually CHANGE something it won't show and it really just reverts to normal mode.

IF you change the settings using either the CLINICAL MENU or the RESCAN software there is a log.

Likely no one will ever see or make note of the change log.

IF you change something will your doctor care? We can't know.

Some doctors get irritable about that, some don't. Some are too clueless to notice.

Worst case your doctor fires you or your fire your doctor. Most people would PREFER to avoid that but if your doctor is extremely pissy about it then likely a new doc is a good idea anyway.

No one can say what the right course FOR YOU would be. We'll help you make chances if YOU DECIDE to do that but no one will tell you to start doing that.

(For myself: I changed my machine BEFORE using it the first time because the doctor's setting were just not well though out -- in my opinion and based on results I was correct about this. When the doc saw me for the 3 week followup he was delighted by the results and either DID NOT CAR or was too CLUELESS to realize that the settings were nothing like what he had written on the Rx. For me it was no issue, just curious that he didn't even comment.)

Summary:

Rescan will itself cause NO PROBLEMS.

Windows will write a couple of things to the SD Card if you leave it unlock (move the little write protect tab before inserting SD Card into computer.)

IF you forget, you can remove those extra items OR you can let the machine erase the card.

IF you change the settings, you will worry about it a little bit, and likely your doctor will at most give you a small scolding.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
04-05-2014 12:08 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(04-05-2014 08:20 AM)nite ranger Wrote:  Hi ,newbie here 3rd nite with machine,a little overwhelmed lot of questions coming ,but for now: I changed setting on machine from limited to full access { problem ? } downloaded ResScan will i corrupt or alter anything by using this? will DR. have prob. with this ? THANK YOU for ALL THE HELP Huhsign[/font]
No problem Coffee

ResScan Interpretation guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interpretation-Guide.pdf
ResScan tutorial video http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm
04-05-2014 03:40 PM
nite ranger Offline

Members

Machine: resmed s9 vpap-s bilevel
Mask Make & Model: simplus
Humidifier: h5i
CPAP Pressure: 17/13

Other Comments:

Thanks for all the help,found the sleepyhead easier to work with than resscan and no issues with sd card thanx again
04-06-2014 03:36 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Matthew Vader Offline

Members

Machine: unsure
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: DataRest

Other Comments:

You should run the rescan tutorial and diagnostics software. I think I've seen a link floating around on sourceforge somewhere.
04-06-2014 07:54 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

(04-06-2014 07:54 PM)Matthew Vader Wrote:  You should run the rescan tutorial and diagnostics software. I think I've seen a link floating around on sourceforge somewhere.

Info on ResScan here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-06-2014 08:52 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,407 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  SD Card Data Question icyura10 4 478 08-15-2016 01:04 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  Revised Post Regarding "I need help with SH data" - with data included! Jeffo1 3 595 05-16-2016 11:28 PM
Last Post: Jeffo1
Question [split] Question About Compliance Data BreatheBetter 2 341 05-12-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Question on Sleepyhead data Dagmar1 5 461 04-17-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: palerider
  Data storage question for S9 users Dawei 7 496 03-31-2016 09:09 PM
  Question re: SleepyHead data pattern jmpower4 7 873 03-20-2016 05:21 PM