Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data question
Question 
Data question
Hi ,newbie here 3rd nite with machine,a little overwhelmed lot of questions coming ,but for now: I changed setting on machine from limited to full access { problem ? } downloaded ResScan will i corrupt or alter anything by using this? will DR. have prob. with this ? THANK YOU for ALL THE HELP Huhsign[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data question
To safely use the data card, simply move the slide switch on the side of the card to the locked position before you insert it in the card reader of your computer. To be ultra safe you can turn the S9 off by holding the start/stop switch down for three seconds before removing the card. And don't worry about the doctor because the S9 keeps summary data internally and will write it back to the card if you somehow corrupt the card. People who are running Windows 8.1 (like me) have discovered that Windows writes a couple of files on the card if it is inserted in the unlocked position. If that happens (and it will), not to worry because when you put it back in the S9, the S9 will erase the card and rewrite the data from internal memory to the card.

Being a fairly new user, I recently worked through the same concerns about getting scolded by the doctor but found I actually had no problem.

By the way, I found SleepyHead to be easier to use than ResScan and it gives me all the information I need to monitor my therapy. It can be downloaded free from the following link.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...e/download
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nite ranger,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post, feel freee to ask as many questions as you need to help you understand all things CPAP and best of luck to you with yourtherapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2014, 08:57 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: To safely use the data card, simply move the slide switch on the side of the card to the locked position before you insert it in the card reader of your computer. To be ultra safe you can turn the S9 off by holding the start/stop switch down for three seconds before removing the card. And don't worry about the doctor because the S9 keeps summary data internally and will write it back to the card if you somehow corrupt the card. People who are running Windows 8.1 (like me) have discovered that Windows writes a couple of files on the card if it is inserted in the unlocked position. If that happens (and it will), not to worry because when you put it back in the S9, the S9 will erase the card and rewrite the data from internal memory to the card.

Being a fairly new user, I recently worked through the same concerns about getting scolded by the doctor but found I actually had no problem.

By the way, I found SleepyHead to be easier to use than ResScan and it gives me all the information I need to monitor my therapy. It can be downloaded free from the following link.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...e/download

I didn't know you could shut down the machine that way -- Hey, thanks.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
First, if you put the SD Card back in the machine after Windows (etc.) writes extra files the machine will NOT automatically erase the card -- it will OFFER to do so and you can just remove the card.

Once back in your computer you can remove those files -- we'll help.

You CAN allow the machine to erase and re-write the files on the card, but that is YOUR CHOICE.

Opening up your machine to allow making clinical settings means nothing.

Unless you actually CHANGE something it won't show and it really just reverts to normal mode.

IF you change the settings using either the CLINICAL MENU or the RESCAN software there is a log.

Likely no one will ever see or make note of the change log.

IF you change something will your doctor care? We can't know.

Some doctors get irritable about that, some don't. Some are too clueless to notice.

Worst case your doctor fires you or your fire your doctor. Most people would PREFER to avoid that but if your doctor is extremely pissy about it then likely a new doc is a good idea anyway.

No one can say what the right course FOR YOU would be. We'll help you make chances if YOU DECIDE to do that but no one will tell you to start doing that.

(For myself: I changed my machine BEFORE using it the first time because the doctor's setting were just not well though out -- in my opinion and based on results I was correct about this. When the doc saw me for the 3 week followup he was delighted by the results and either DID NOT CAR or was too CLUELESS to realize that the settings were nothing like what he had written on the Rx. For me it was no issue, just curious that he didn't even comment.)

Summary:

Rescan will itself cause NO PROBLEMS.

Windows will write a couple of things to the SD Card if you leave it unlock (move the little write protect tab before inserting SD Card into computer.)

IF you forget, you can remove those extra items OR you can let the machine erase the card.

IF you change the settings, you will worry about it a little bit, and likely your doctor will at most give you a small scolding.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2014, 08:20 AM)nite ranger Wrote: Hi ,newbie here 3rd nite with machine,a little overwhelmed lot of questions coming ,but for now: I changed setting on machine from limited to full access { problem ? } downloaded ResScan will i corrupt or alter anything by using this? will DR. have prob. with this ? THANK YOU for ALL THE HELP Huhsign[/font]
No problem Coffee

ResScan Interpretation guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
ResScan tutorial video http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the help,found the sleepyhead easier to work with than resscan and no issues with sd card thanx again
Post Reply Post Reply
You should run the rescan tutorial and diagnostics software. I think I've seen a link floating around on sourceforge somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2014, 07:54 PM)Matthew Vader Wrote: You should run the rescan tutorial and diagnostics software. I think I've seen a link floating around on sourceforge somewhere.

Info on ResScan here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 651 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  Question on data interpretation/meaning - flow rate dstone5 2 496 02-08-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: dstone5
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,632 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 884 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 796 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  OSCAR SD data question MagnoliaSolana 3 695 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S9 VPAP ST-A OSCAR Data Question gadgetmaniah 34 2,381 09-19-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: gadgetmaniah

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.