Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data storage question for S9 users
Data storage question for S9 users
Guess I'm a slow learner, but I just learned (from a RT) that the S9 Autoset has built-in memory to store two years' worth of data. Then, the SD card can store an additional 2 years worth before oldest data is overwritten. When I was returning a loaner Autoset, the RT went to download its data without the SD card installed. When I asked how this was possible, I learned the machine has that much internal memory.
What is not clear to me is if data is stored to internal memory until full and then future data is stored onto the SD card or the other way around? Or, is data stored in both places simultaneously?

David
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data storage question for S9 users
(03-31-2016, 07:45 PM)Dawei Wrote: Guess I'm a slow learner, but I just learned (from a RT) that the S9 Autoset has built-in memory to store two years' worth of data. Then, the SD card can store an additional 2 years worth before oldest data is overwritten. When I was returning a loaner Autoset, the RT went to download its data without the SD card installed. When I asked how this was possible, I learned the machine has that much internal memory.
What is not clear to me is if data is stored to internal memory until full and then future data is stored onto the SD card or the other way around? Or, is data stored in both places simultaneously?

David
The S9 (AutoSet and Elite) SD card stores:
365 days of therapy data compliance data
30 days of detailed data
7 days of flow data

Detailed data and flow data written directly on the card and not stored in the machine memory
If the card wasn't in the machine while using it, detailed and flow data is lost for ever and not retrievable by any means
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day David

The high resolution data (flow, mask pressure etc) is only written to the card, not held in internal memory. It is over-written on a weekly basis (more or less, depending on the particular machine and when it was manufactured). So if you want to retain that very detailed data you need to download to ResScan or SleepyHead at least once per week.

Detailed data is also written to the card and overwritten after 30 days.

Compliance and usage data is stored within the machine, as well as the card.

When I get back to my real computer instead of this IPad I'll look up the exact details as to which information goes where. In summary though, the most useful stuff is written only to the card and periodically over-written. The stuff needed for Medicare and insurance is stored within the machine's internal memory as well as the card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk - you beat me to it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 07:45 PM)Dawei Wrote: Guess I'm a slow learner, but I just learned (from a RT) that the S9 Autoset has built-in memory to store two years' worth of data. Then, the SD card can store an additional 2 years worth before oldest data is overwritten. When I was returning a loaner Autoset, the RT went to download its data without the SD card installed. When I asked how this was possible, I learned the machine has that much internal memory.

David

basically, your RT is hallucinating... I started to say something about whatever recreational pharmaceuticals might be causing this, but .... this is a family show.

the S9 stores NOTHING but the last years worth of compliance data internally. the card saves the last years compliance, last 30 days detailed data and last week's high rate data.

that's *it*.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a link explained it all in details http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Data on the device
Usage
Visible via the user interface, the Sleep Quality Indicator allows patients to view a snapshot of their therapy.
Designed to provide daily feedback and encouragement, the Sleep Quality Indicator identifies usage, leak* and AHI* information.
The Sleep Report offers compliance and therapy data for up to 365 days. Data available includes average usage, used hours, days used, run hours and pressure.

SD card
The S9 Series is shipped with an SD card inserted. It provides detailed graphical data and high resolution flow data.

The S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*.
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for clearing up that misinformation, gentlemen! So, without the SD card installed, all she was downloading was compliance data; how about that.

David
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2016, 08:08 PM)zonk Wrote: The S9 SD card stores:
365 days of therapy and compliance data (summary and statistics)
30 days of detailed data (graphs)*
7 days of high resolution flow data*.
* Only available on S9 AutoSet and S9 Elite

your asterisk is only applicable, sir, when reading the combined escape, escape auto, elite and autoset manual.

the other 10+ models all record full data too.

(just to avoid any confusion)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,063 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  CPAP Storage kimohare 4 345 01-27-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,156 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 554 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  Question about reliability of the CPAP data zynsa 4 659 08-02-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: zynsa
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,714 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,241 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.