Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S
Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S
After two months on a trial machine, with an account in Oscar set up for that machine,I now have my Resmed AS10. How can I keep the data from my Oscar account? Will I need to set up another account in Oscar and lose the original data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S
Hi Sheila,
Set up a different profile for your new S10.  Each machine has a different serial number, so it's best to use a new SD card for each machine.  

When you set up a new profile, alter the name a little so it's different from the trial machine.  Something like:  Sheila - New S10 (or anything that you like)

Your data from the trial machine will be preserved in its own profile, and you'll be able to access it anytime.

I have 5 different profiles set up with no problems.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S
For a change I'll disagree with OpalRose. Oscar can handle multiple machines on the same account. If you want to continue in the same profile, just upload data from the new machine to your existing account and the data will continue so you can compare your new machine with the rental. No need to create a new profile. I use two machines and Oscar stitches the data together without any problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can do that also. Smile

Either keep machines in separate profiles, or keep in the same profile.  OSCAR handles it well either way.
Whatever you're comfortable with.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
But if it is a different brand of machine, we recommend a separate profile.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the prompt and easily understood responses. I have combined the data from the two machines under the same profile easily. (As a newbie, the minefield is vast and just framing the question using CPAP and software language is a challenge.)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 159 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,285 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 246 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 514 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Phillips DreamMapper - old machine only? p123 6 757 11-19-2023, 04:58 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 540 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Resmed 11 CPAP Machine Jose Castro 3 695 11-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.