Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR - Overview Charts - Would Adding Moving Average Lines Have any Merit?
OSCAR - Overview Charts - Would Adding Moving Average Lines Have any Merit?
Ok, let me start this by saying I'm kind of a data junkie. I am a Stock Trader too and like applying custom technical analysis of stock charts.

Personally, I would love to see OSCAR have an optional moving average line that could be applied to the Overview charts. My daily AHI normally varies up and down from one day to the next. I'm not hugely concerned because I know it is artificially inflated with SWJ flags. And I feel great on my ASV.

That said, it would be an awesome addition IMO if I could add a moving average on the AHI chart over X number of days. Just like on my stock charts. I would probably use this feature on some of the other Overview charts, but some it would not make any sense to do so. I could use this to help evaluate if there is an equipment (or other) issue that is cropping up. And I could evaluate efficacy comparisons of different masks more easily.

Hey. Just a thought. I don't know if it would be difficult to code a user adjustable variable such as this and plot a line on the Overview bar charts. Lastly, would anybody even care to see this type of info other than me?

Thank you guys and dolls for all you do.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR - Overview Charts - Would Adding Moving Average Lines Have any Merit?
I'm a little dense on this one. What you describe would be like using the "Last Week" option on the Overview to get the minimum, average, and maximum for the prior 7 days. To get a six-day average, click on either the first or last date displayed to eliminate it. By clicking on either date, you can remove as many days as you wish. To have more than 7-days, use one of the predefined longer periods and eliminate the excess days from the display by using the method above. Or, use the "Custom" setting and set it for the date period you want.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, nix the moving average idea.

I get the Low and High of the range of dates selected. But the middle number is not coming out to be the mathematical average of the range displayed. I spot checked this on a few 3 and 4 day ranges. Am I missing something?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=38194]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I always thought that number is the median not the mean.
  Shy   I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Post Reply Post Reply
It IS the median.  I was incorrect in my previous post.  I went back and pulled a 3-day display in the Overview chart.  The median matched the day that was in between the other two in AHI values.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes sense. Thanks guys.
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 jed3 3 131 03-12-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rcgop
  Adding charts to Overview? bstabens 1 412 11-24-2023, 08:32 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Moving the Oscar_Data Folder on M1 Mac DaRef 4 601 11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DaRef
  OSCAR Overview Pressure Plot not showing real Max sopherFellow 15 2,241 09-09-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  [Feature Request] EPR mode in overview pressure graph tossinandturnin 8 856 07-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: tossinandturnin
Question Custom Y-axis Ranges for Graps/Charts ? DavidEsp 5 608 05-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 761 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.