Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Date/time?
Date/time?
Anyone know how an xpap gets the date/time/DST so sleep data is accurate? No clock in admin setup screen. Have a PR System One A-Flex.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Date/time?
Hate to break it to you, but the PR machines have a known clock drift problem.

PR machines are set to GMT at the factory.  Both the Encore and SleepyHead software used to read the data use the computer's time zone as the default time zone for the user of the machine and they automatically adjust the GMT time stamps to get times for the local time zone.

But over time, the PR clocks do drift, and as near as I know there is no way of correcting that drift. In SleepyHead, you can adjust the times in the detailed reports if you figure out (approximately) how much drift your clock has accumulated.  PR clocks can drift both ways---i.e. over time, the PR time stamps can be either earlier or later than the actual time.

In my case, my old PR System One Series 50 BiPAP's clock was approximately 40 minutes too fast (as I recall) when I retired that machine in October 2016. My current PR DreamStation's clock is already running about 3 1/2 minutes too slow; I got the DreamStation in October 2016.

I did complain at some point to my DME about the clock drift problem on the System One. If I recall correctly, their response was that the machine would have to be sent back to PR to have the clock reset. It was easier to just live with the clock drift and use SH's adjustment to keep my SH data reasonably accurate.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Robysue for the quick response. Seems my cpap has drifted. I'll note the start or stop time & determine how much. Thanks for the SH tip. Didnt know the app has time drift compensation. I'll apply it.
Post Reply Post Reply
42 minutes fast...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 89 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 546 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 227 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,010 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 142 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 753 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,174 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.