Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Clark - Therapy Thread
RE: David Clark - Therapy Thread
I used to move around quite a bit I think but since I got my adjustable base years ago and started sleeping in the "zero gravity" position I don't seem to move around anymore.
"The Purple™ PowerBase offers a Zero Gravity setting, which is NASA's discovery of the optimal body position to reduce G-Force pressure. Scientists found that this position does more than just reduce pressure, it is an optimal position for the function of your body.
Zero Gravity
This preset positions your head and feet at precise angles to equalize your weight and ease stress on the body. This elevated position can result in improved breathing, reduced back pain, reduced swelling, and more."
Post Reply Post Reply
One side note:
A week ago I started taking melatonin a half hour before bed. The first night (Sat) I took a full 3mg pill and felt kind of hungover the next morning. I quartered some of the pills and I've been taking ~0.75mg every night since. I don't know if that is/could have an effect on my data but my AHI numbers have been consistently lower since I started taking it. Coincidence perhaps.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just a side note but changing some of your OSCAR graph axis would make them easier to read. Some of these seem to have already been overridden but are using too large of scale. You don't need to capture every peak as those are already oddities and you can't really interpret them beyond knowing it was just a large breath etc. For example on the flow rate chart anything over 100 isn't a normal breath so knowing it goes over 100 is good enough.

Recommendations are flow rate chart -100 to 100, tidal volume 0 to 1000 (maybe 1200), minute vent 0 to 16.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is last night again with the suggested OSCAR settings.

Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a Wellue SleepU from Amazon. I know on my sleep study there were some issues with desaturation so I've been kind of curious to see how that's going now that I'm using my machine. I'll post on that once I get it up and running.
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the new SleepU. I know for a fact I was awake for at least the time I put in the box because the mask and I were having an argument. I even got up and switched to a new mask cushion during that time. 
Other than that what do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
If you were in fact awake at 11 then those centrals would be SWJ (not real), a little interesting they caused desats in that case though.
Post Reply Post Reply
In the thread I started this AM about importing the data to OSCAR I mentioned the desats during that time and Crimson Nape said this...
"Any oximeter is prone to recording artifacts if you have rapid hand movement or bump the probe.   People will see these artifacts and freak out, thinking their O2 levels had dropped so severely."
Post Reply Post Reply
I know I was awake at 11 also because I had got up and switched the mask cushion to a new one and was trying to go to sleep but the little finger thing would keep vibrating..but I wasn't asleep...so I grabbed the phone and got into the app to turn the vibration intensity down. I looked at the clock to see what time it was and it was a few minutes after 11. I was thinking "Damn, I need to get to sleep. I gotta work in the morning."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,070 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 166 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,267 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,358 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.