Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Clark - Therapy Thread
RE: David Clark - Therapy Thread
Not so great if you want to buy it from Ama....ca - it's close to $50 Canadian...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2022, 10:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: If you want to try getting after the flow limitations, increase IPAP by 1-2 cm and increase PS from 5 to 6.  You are already using a relatively high pressure support, and you should consider this move to be somewhat experimental to see if it makes a difference.  We want to evaluate for effectiveness and comfort, and may decide to reduce PS to a more comfortable level.  I don't know the source of your FL but it may be anywhere in the upper airway from nasal to near the soft palate or pharyngeal. Some people get lower flow limits with direct pressure to the nose using nasal pillows, but tolerance for nasal therapy is an individual thing.

I made those adjustments last night and the flow limit did go down.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're not triggering any CA events, so if this is more comfortable, then let's hang out with these settings for a while.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since making a few adjustments it's looking like the flow limit numbers are better and the CA's I was having seem to be going away, except for last night. The OA's seem to be increasing though and the AHI is getting higher. I guess I'm at a "let it ride" point and see where it goes unless anyone sees a tweak or two you think I should make.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2022, 07:45 PM)David Clark Wrote: Since making a few adjustments it's looking like the flow limit numbers are better and the CA's I was having seem to be going away. The OA's seem to be increasing though and the AHI is getting higher. I guess I'm at a "let it ride" point and see where it goes unless anyone sees a tweak or two you think I should make.

A few more....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
For OA events the solution is increased EPAP. Take it to 5.0, and move up gradually until the OA events titrate out. We have discussed chin-tucking and positional apnea in the past, so be sure none of that is possible.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night. Best AHI number I've had since I started.  Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
The last two nights. How are things looking?

Post Reply Post Reply
I feel like I slept pretty good last night. I'm thinking about increasing the EPAP a little to get rid of the OA's. There's still some almost asleep centrals. What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you feel? You are at a point where it is much more about comfort than your numbers. While increasing EPAP is the thing to do based on the numbers, why do you want to try this ignoring the numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 75 1,388 Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 40 1,204 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MaggieL
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 157 Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 75 1,573 Yesterday, 10:01 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 2 78 04-21-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 120 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 31 1,448 04-20-2024, 07:27 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.