Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Clark - Therapy Thread
RE: David Clark - Therapy Thread
Ok yep, these CA will be your treatment emergent flavor.

There's a few things to consider editing within settings to lower the CA on the OSCAR charts:

Change Trigger to High or Very High is maybe first. This should not affect things so much as an edit to PS. But a PS of 5 may be considered a touch high for some, and may enhance the treatment emergent CA.

Do not use ramp if it is on now, or at least shorten the time and make pressure equal to your EPAP Min, if you must use it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-09-2022, 01:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Ok yep, these CA will be your treatment emergent flavor.

There's a few things to consider editing within settings to lower the CA on the OSCAR charts:

Change Trigger to High or Very High is maybe first. This should not affect things so much as an edit to PS. But a PS of 5 may be considered a touch high for some, and may enhance the treatment emergent CA.

Do not use ramp if it is on now, or at least shorten the time and make pressure equal to your EPAP Min, if you must use it.

I did have the ramp on the first...two nights..I think..but I turned it off. Don't really care for it. Thank you for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
I took a look at the OSCAR wiki to try and get a better understanding of the software. Now from looking at the wiki and my data I'm wondering if I could be having positional apneas. My bed has a powerbase and I sleep with it in the "3g" antigravity setting. It raises your head and legs...similar to the position of an antigravity massage chair if you've ever been in one of those.
I kind of would think that raising my head would help with snoring but now I'm wondering if it causes my head to dip forward once I go to sleep and cut off the air.
It is the same position I slept in during the home sleep study.
I think tonight I'm going to sleep flat and see if there's any difference in my readings tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible with regards to the obstructive events, yes. I have a hospital bed that also lifts the head (and feet, and whole bed) and I use a soft collar to keep my head from flopping around while I sleep. I have to keep mine up, but you could test yours by sleeping flat and seeing if your obstructive events go down.
Post Reply Post Reply
I typically have the head and foot of my bed raised a bit. Nothing drastic, but even though I side sleep to keep my back happy, the slight angles help. Just don't go too drastic on your adjustment angles. Even so, any angle might increase the likeliness of the chin tuck effect.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Reviewing the charts, it looks like there is occasional clustering of obstructive events, suggesting some positional (chin-tucking) aspect to the obstructive apnea. This might be addressed by being sure not to use a pillow too high or firm that would encourage chin-tucking, or using a collar or wedge to prevent it. I personally often pull a corner of my down pillow between my shoulder and jaw and get some elevation of the chin that way. Your pressure settings are mostly in the 5-20 range with PS 5.0. I think you would benefit from an increase in minimum pressure and using a higher trigger sensitivity. The higher minimum pressure will help avoid apnea that seem to occur near your minimum pressure. We may want to eventually go a bit higher than 6.0, but that seems like a conservative start in the right direction. Trigger sensitivity is a tool we use when we see bileel therapy that has some intermittent central apnea. By setting the trigger sensitivity to High, less inspiratory flow is needed to trigger IPAP on the machine. This can often stimulate a better breath where a central might otherwise occur. I use this in my own therapy, and it has been effective for many other forum members.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How long does the attachment limit last? I was going to post some recent Oscar screenshots to get some feedback but I still can't. I really have no idea what the stuff on Oscar means or what to do with it if anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never mind..I just figured out I can delete some and make more room in the limit.  Smile

A few more
Post Reply Post Reply
First up, how do you feel after the therapy sessions? What settings have changed, like Trigger to high, etc.?

It looks like you still have some work to balance Obstructive versus Central Apnea reduction and control. Leaks are still high at different times on the charts, they're not consistently under control. Sometimes it gives the mask leak pattern, other times it looks more like mouth leaks. Mask leaks looks like the spikey jagged pattern, while mouth leaks are more rounded, flat and elevated sections.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your obstructive events are frequently clustered. I think this is a combination of continued positional issues (chin-tuck) and a pressure support that increases central events. Nothing is out of control here, but minor fixes to prevent neck flexing and maybe a bit less pressure support could go a long way to reducing events. My inclination is to increase EPAP pressure to 6.0, reduce PS to 4.4 and deal with whatever is causing the chin-tucking. Not saying you need a soft cervical collar, but take a good look at your pillow height and firmness and give a collar a consideration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,072 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 168 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,359 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 966 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,211 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.