Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

David Clark - Therapy Thread
RE: David Clark - Therapy Thread
You might have a slight tendency to the odd periods of sleep transition central apnea but it sounds like a good chunk of these are probably SWJ.

Even if they are real they appear to occur infrequently and trying to improve them by lowering EPR would likely be counter productive to the majority of your treatment so I would just ignore them unless they get noticeably worse/frequent.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geer1, did you see where I edited the one post about the time on OSCAR being off? Saturday the 26th I was up by 6:15 to go to work but OSCAR was saying the session lasted until 8 something. I double checked the machine to make sure it had the correct date/time and it does. I don't know what was going on with that. I'll be sure to see what time the OSCAR data says in the morning before I go to work.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got a new laptop recently and I transferred OSCAR from the old one to the new one via a SD card instead of just redownloading OSCAR...but I did have to download the update. I wonder if by doing that it threw something in OSCAR off. I don't know if starting over with a fresh SD card or maybe deleting the data from OSCAR and reuploading would clear it up or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok....forget all the stuff I said about the time being off on OSCAR. I just realized I'm an idiot.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is last night. I turned EPAP back down to 8 from 9. Still looks decent to me. Flow limits is kind of spiky. I don't know if I'm going to get much better than what I've got now. A few sporadic apneas..and I'm not 100% sure those are legit or are just from moving around in the bed or something.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
last night

Post Reply Post Reply
As spread out as your OAs are, I would lean toward them being arousals, like changing sleeping positions. Would you provide a 2-minute zoom screenshot of around 2AM? I would like to see your Flow Rate pattern during a non-event time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go.

Post Reply Post Reply
To me, that waveform looks pretty good. Are you experiencing any pain or feeling the need to change positions to get comfortable while you sleep?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2022, 02:54 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: To me, that waveform looks pretty good.   Are you experiencing any pain or feeling the need to change positions to get comfortable while you sleep?

No. I normally wake up in the same position, in the same spot, I go to sleep. If I change positions at night I don't even know I do it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 53 940 2 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 34 953 Today, 04:56 AM
Last Post: MaggieL
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 709 Yesterday, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 471 Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,851 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.