Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Day 1-2 Great! Day 3-4 Not and Sleepyhead
(05-14-2015 04:32 PM)cbrfoltz Wrote:  But two things I am thinking. Night one, I wore the CPAP and watched TV for a while before I went to bed, possibly night 2 as well. Can't remember for certain on night 2.
Baire

That is why your AHI was lower that night. You had time without events added in.

AHI is the apnea events plus the hypopnea events divided by time. If you wear the CPAP while awake (yes, the machine may register false events) then go to sleep, all that time remains and it skews the data, making it appear as if your AHI is lower that it actually is.

If you want to wear your CPAP prior to sleep and watch TV (I assume you are doing so while in bed, which is bad, bad sleep hygiene), then when you think you are about to fall asleep or you turn off the TV, turn off the CPAP for a few seconds, then turn it back on. In SleepyHead, you can then "turn off" that time period and only use the time you slept as data.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-16-2015 05:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
cbrfoltz Offline

Members

Machine: AirSense10 For Her
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: AirFit10
Humidifier: ResMed Humid Air S
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: Not using software Other Software

Other Comments: CPAP user as of 5-8-2015

Sex: Female

RE: Day 1-2 Great! Day 3-4 Not and Sleepyhead
The first night, I watched TV in the family room. The other nights, I read a book in bed. We don't have a TV in our room b/c sleep hygiene or not, we think it's a marriage killer.That sounded snarky, in print. What I mean is, no TV in bed. Maybe a book is not a great thing either. But, I had thought about the fact that I had an extra up to 30 minutes might skew the results. I like the idea of turning the machine off when I feel like I'm ready to fall asleep.

Thanks for confirming my theory on that! Am heading to bed now, and will see what happens with my new friend AHI tonight!

Baire
05-16-2015 08:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1 night off of cpap.....feel great! duece12345 6 514 10-31-2016 08:55 AM
Last Post: robysue
  New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great holden4th 1 265 09-09-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  GREAT RESMED S9 CPAP VIDEO jxyzobrien 1 236 08-21-2016 06:06 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  First 5 hours great, after that AHI shoots through the roof. Thoughts? toinewi 3 409 08-08-2016 01:41 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Great expectations SamStamport 15 831 05-31-2016 09:35 AM
Last Post: Luvmyzzz
  Great start, now not so great. mscottc 7 630 04-28-2016 08:54 PM
Last Post: mscottc
Smile Great results after first night with new machine Ronni.p 2 385 04-27-2016 08:42 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred