Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Swift FX Nasal Pillows - Achieving Lift-Off
RE: Swift FX Nasal Pillows - Achieving Lift-Off
Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. I'm certainly glad I joined this forum.

The last two nights have been fine (according to my wife). I adjusted the top strap by a couple of clicks and it is obviously keeping that seal better around my nose. I don't actually recall waking up during the night at all so must have been something I needed anyway.

I think my CP tech had the best of intentions - he did mention it was another patient who had done it - sticking a fine layer of gauze over the vent - and had not seen it himself.

Appreciate all the responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad it is working for you, Justin. Please stick around and let us know how it is going for you!

Payton: The difference is the manufacturer did it. After testing with different materials to find the right kind to provide the sound dampening yet still let the air exchange. Not some DME guy with some gauze he got from the OSHA bandage box in the break room. Or a DIY end-user perusing this forum and coming across this thread who then gets it into his/her head and wants to give it a try.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2014, 07:23 PM)justinfreeman Wrote: Wow, thanks for all the replies guys. I'm certainly glad I joined this forum.

The last two nights have been fine (according to my wife). I adjusted the top strap by a couple of clicks and it is obviously keeping that seal better around my nose. I don't actually recall waking up during the night at all so must have been something I needed anyway.

I think my CP tech had the best of intentions - he did mention it was another patient who had done it - sticking a fine layer of gauze over the vent - and had not seen it himself.

Appreciate all the responses.
Hi justin,
It's good to hear that your mask is working well for you.
Let us know of your progress and keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,

You are right, it would not be wise for less experienced users to arbitrarily put covers over the vents due to the potential CO2 considerations, so I will leave it at that. I wasn't thinking of all the ramifications. Please put your hammer back away. Dielaughing

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 252 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 347 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 903 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 465 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 840 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 493 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.