Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Day 4 ResMed Air Sense 10
Surprised 
Day 4 ResMed Air Sense 10
I have completed 4 days on my ResMed Air Sense 10. 3 days terrible .. at pressure of 12. Lowered pressure to 10 and had good nite last nite.
7 hrs and 1.8 events. previous was over 6. But report showed .5 CA ... arrgh ..
Also found out from the history that my NEW machine has 186 hours on it . so obviously it's not new... They changed my Respironics out for this one because I was having so many humidity problems. guess it doesn't matter :/
Is there any amount of CA's that are normal ? prob not ..
guess I better go in... but wanted a few days on the new machine. My sleep study from last Sept showed OSA only. I took a Lorazapam sometime during the nite ..wonder if that is it. Any ideas appreciated. Tks guys .. so glad I found this board. You get no real help from the Respiratory Therapist. imo. Sad sorry I'm rambling..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Day 4 ResMed Air Sense 10
0.5 CA would not concern me, especially when getting adjusted to a new machine. If you have SleepyHead, you can check and see if they were scored when you were awake or asleep. Awake ones don't count.
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie here as well... How do you determine if you are awake or sleepy my via Sleepyhead? Which plot shows this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine cannot tell when you are awake or asleep. That would require electrodes attached to your scalp.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
But YOU know. I know for the first 15 minutes I am probably awake. I turn off the machine when I go to the washroom, so I can see when I was awake. You know when you wakeup in the morning and don't turn the machine off.
Post Reply Post Reply
whew ..thank you... that was concerning me.
I'm must have been asleep .. first sleep i've had in a while .. 7 hrs ... wow . I will install sleepyhead. Will definitely do that tomorrow.
Right now I only have the ResMed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Doctor told me, and I think he is correct, that until you start getting 10's of CA's an hour to not worry about it
Post Reply Post Reply
Ed, I notice you use oxygen. Does that help you awake refreshed ?
and was it difficult to get your doctor to prescribe it ?
just wondering ...:/
Post Reply Post Reply
PoolQ ..tks... good to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's not a plot that shows you this exactly. If you look at the graph of your respiratory rate, most people can see a change in it when they first fall asleep. The shape of your breathing flow rate waveforms usually changes, too.

The best way to get a feel for this is to choose times when you know you fell asleep or woke up and look at the graphs just before and after that point.

(07-12-2016, 07:57 PM)RedSkip Wrote: Newbie here as well... How do you determine if you are awake or sleepy my via Sleepyhead? Which plot shows this?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 903 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Air Sense 10 SD card LED flashing red BNelson 2 588 10-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: BNelson
  [Treatment] Help me make sense of OSCAR data hexecution 4 636 10-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.