Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed S-10 Can I use mask fit without starting a session
Resmed S-10 Can I use mask fit without starting a session
Hi, 
First post. 
Thanks to all the posters that I've gained a lot from by reading!
I recently self-upgraded last week to a Res-Med Aircurve Asv (found a very very reasonable machine on Facebook Marketplace) from a Phillips 950 (Series One Asv) I received in 2013. Huge difference. :-)
I used the mask fit function to play around this afternoon with a few masks I've acquired. The mask fit turned into a session.
Is there a way to use mask fit as a stand-alone for more than three minutes without turning into a session? I didn't find anything in the user or provider manual.
If not can I remove that short session from the SD card. 
Thanks,
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S-10 Can I use mask fit without starting a session
That's a good question that will take some experimentation at a more sensible hour.

However, do not try to delete the short session from the SD card, as that will confuse OSCAR because there will still be signs of it in the STR.edf file.

Using OSCAR you can disable the short session by unticking its box in the session list at the bottom of the left column.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest you time the mask fit process and note when it turns into a session. Then keep your mask fir sessions below the time when the formal session starts.
Please post your findings.
Best -- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I timed and the mask fit does switch to a session at three minutes unless I stop it early. I was able to unclick the short sessions in the bottom left corner on Oscar. So my graphs don't look funny.  I also tried setting my machine to CPAP mode. That turned out to just be more trouble than it's worth. Easier to just keep it short or unclick in Oscar if I'm experimenting during the day. 
Thanks for the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you turn on SmartStart, at the end of the Mask Fit, the ResMed will briefly start a session and then turn off because of SmartStarts auto off capability. The session will be so short it will not register in ether OSCAR or ResMed's Mask On/Off count.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool!
Thx
Post Reply Post Reply
@CDogSlobber- what about removing the SD card during fittings? That would seem like the simple thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't bother removing the SD card to try to defeat recording short sessions. The machines record session statistics in internal memory, and they will get written to the SD card as soon as it is re-inserted.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 45 2 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 59 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 91 5 hours ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 878 5 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,972 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 167 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 140 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.