Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daylight Saving Australia
Daylight Saving Australia
Ends Sunday 6th April 2014
If you live in the ACT, NSW, Vic, Tas, or SA move your clocks back one hour from 3:00am on Sunday 6th April 2014.
[Image: daylightsaving_ends.gif?itok=DJvQ2-vz]

Where Daylight saving is observed:

NSW, ACT,Vic and Tas move from AEST to Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT), and clocks are advanced to UTC +11.

SA and the NSW town of Broken Hill move from ACST to Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT), and clocks are advanced to UTC +10.5 .

Daylight saving is not observed in Queensland, the Northern Territory or Western Australia.
http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/...untry/time

Setting the clock
The time on xPAP machines are usually set at the factory. Some can be reset to the local time but others cannot. Then there is, in most locations, the twice a year time change. This wiki page will discuss if setting the clock is possible and how to do it.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Fire & Rescue NSW is urging householders to change their smoke alarm batteries when they change their clocks at the end of Daylight Saving on 6th April 2014.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daylight Saving Australia
I had a devil of a time with that 0.5 hour time zone when near Alice Springs in the Northern Territory.
Of course we were on Zulu time anyway.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 08:26 PM)zonk Wrote: Ends Sunday 6th April 2014
If you live in the ACT, NSW, Vic, Tas, or SA move your clocks back one hour from 3:00am on Sunday 6th April 2014.
[Image: daylightsaving_ends.gif?itok=DJvQ2-vz]

Where Daylight saving is observed:

NSW, ACT,Vic and Tas move from AEST to Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT), and clocks are advanced to UTC +11.

SA and the NSW town of Broken Hill move from ACST to Australian Central Daylight Time (ACDT), and clocks are advanced to UTC +10.5 .

Daylight saving is not observed in Queensland, the Northern Territory or Western Australia.
http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/...untry/time

Setting the clock
The time on xPAP machines are usually set at the factory. Some can be reset to the local time but others cannot. Then there is, in most locations, the twice a year time change. This wiki page will discuss if setting the clock is possible and how to do it.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Fire & Rescue NSW is urging householders to change their smoke alarm batteries when they change their clocks at the end of Daylight Saving on 6th April 2014.

Cheers Zonk, I didn't realise it was this weekend. Poor old Qld. doesnt get it anyway. Some people in our State are scared it will fade the curtains!

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
We don't have it in WA either - thank goodness! On summer days here the maximum temperature is usually in the high 30s / low 40s and the max is always in the late afternoon. When we had a daylight saving trial a few years back, the maximum was obviously delayed an hour and the evenings were unbearable. I for one am very happy we don't have daylight saving. Don't need it - don't want it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reminder Zonk, I would put my clocks back but forget my CPAP, I'll be doing it in the morning when I do my weekly data check Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Calendar_4OCT.png]
Daylight saving will begin in NSW on Sunday, 4 October 2015, when clocks move forward one hour at 2:00am.
[Image: jag2264_clock_daylight%20starts.png]

Just now (Sunday 10 pm) before getting ready for bed, put the clock forward 1 hour on the Airsense 10 AutoSet
Probably good idea, change the time in the afternoon, as new CPAP day begins at midday
Post Reply Post Reply
And for those in the US, DST ends @ 02:00 November 1st.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reminder justMongo. Coffee

Hawaii and most of Arizona in the US do not observe DST.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,526 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
  REBATE on your Electricity bill [Australia] libster 0 173 02-05-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: libster
Question [Equipment] AirSense 11 app not supported in Australia aussiemark22 17 3,963 08-04-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: yuqinhuang
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  ResMed Airsense 10 pulsing in Australia using 240v - Normal use is 110v is US cornishpd 11 1,504 12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: cornishpd
  Does Your Expensive Resmed 10 have Auto Daylight Saving Time Adjustment? S. Manz 45 4,968 11-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Gary K

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.