Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daylight Savings TIme
Daylight Savings TIme
I have the DST block checked in our profiles in Oscar.  Do i need to do anything else with the two A10 machines? Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daylight Savings TIme
good question! the machines won't change time (resmed anyway) so if oscar thinks it's DST, there might be a problem. idk this but intuitively I'd think oscar and the machine should be on the same time. that means adjusting the machine for DST or unchecking DST in oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2021, 08:20 PM)SideSleeper Wrote: I have the DST block checked in our profiles in Oscar.  Do i need to do anything else with the two A10 machines? Thinking-about

OSCAR does not use the DST option in the profile, so setting that option has no effect.

Best approach is to change the time in your machines to match your computer's time.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will add, change you machine's time CAREFULLY. Every time we have a time change, we get posts about people accidentally changing the date or moving the time too far. Get it right, or leave it alone. The machine is not an alarm clock, and the difference of 1-hour does not change the interpretation of the data. Not changing the time is an option.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never bother changing the time on my machine.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in AZ. we don't waste our time on such silly stuff. 

And, we can open or conceal carry too.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd opt with don't bother. If you do adjust, do so carefully. I do have to wonder where that daylight went to that we saved.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had already decided not to bother. I had a Respironics machine previously and wasn't certain on the Resmed. Thanks for the suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
I change my time on Saturday AFTER 2:00 p.m. to plus one hour. It keeps my machine synched with my computer and backup files.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wish all the time-changing junk would stop.  Wish they would simply pick a standard time all year round, and stick with it.

I hear there's yet another bill in U.S. Congress to have us stay on DST permanently... I just hope it gets passed this time around.

I have to change SO MANY clocks in our house - and I have to devote a full 30 minutes to that one task, twice a year.  (we have a lot of clocks)

So, that's the ending of my complaint for the day.   Bigwink Too-funny

...EDIT:  I'm becoming a cranky old fart in my old age... oldman   Sorry about that.... sort of...  Big Grinnie
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 803 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.